El Segundo, California
The HR Coordinator supports the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department. Duties may include but are not limited to talent acquisition, on-boarding/off-boarding, record/file management, employee engagement activities, and compliance. This role reports to the Director, Human Resources and can provide preparation for moving into a strategic HR Business Partner role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule interviews for potential employees while delivering a best-in-class candidate. experience, and serve as a strong ambassador of the brand. In some cases, arranging travel for visiting candidates.
- Provide follow-up correspondence to candidates on recruiting status via phone and email.
- Track recruiting activities and providing candidate status in a weekly report.
- Identify opportunities for improving candidate experience and scheduling efficiency.
- Administer Predictive Index assessment reports and provides results back to HR team and hiring management team.
- Prepare offer letters, conduct reference checks, and other pre-employment documentation, as needed.
- Assist with posting job openings on various job boards.
On-boarding / Off-boarding
- Responsible for processing all new hire paperwork and liaising with IT / hiring manager on new hire work space and technology needed.
- Verify I-9 documentation and maintains that they are current.
- Prepare new hire benefit packets and set up new employee files.
- Prepare required documents for separations, schedule exit interviews, and collect company assets upon exit.
Employee Engagement and Development
- Plan employee events including: birthdays, anniversaries, recognition and celebrations, team off-sites and summer and holiday events.
- Manages employee birthday acknowledgements.
- Develop content for Mermaid Tales employee newsletter
- Assist with HR processes such as: Performance Appraisal and Merit tracking, Talent Planning documentation, and Learning & Development initiatives.
HR Operations / Compliance / Admin
- Ensure applicable Federal, State, and local required postings are in place and up-to-date.
- Responsible for creation of new org charts and maintenance of existing org charts.
- Provide general administrative support as needed to the HR team including scheduling team meetings, travel coordination, and some calendar management.
- Update/maintain HR documents including HR forms, job descriptions, internal phone list, organization charts, etc.
- Ad hoc projects, as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor degree in HR/Business or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum two years related experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of Federal and State employment/compliance laws and practices
- Basic knowledge of job boards
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Exhibit high level of confidentiality
- Superior analytic, organizational, and problem solving capability
- Basic project management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a busy, and often challenging environment
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with clients and team members
- Exceptional detail orientation and organization skills (with strong sense of urgency and follow up/follow through)
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills specifically in Excel and PowerPoint
To apply, please send resumes to email@example.com.