- 4 (14.75 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Traditional Pink or Red Salmon
- 1 cup butter
- 4 onions, chopped
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups frozen thawed corn, or use canned whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper or to taste
- Drain salmon, reserving liquid.
- Remove large bones and skin as desired and flake the fish.
- Set salmon and liquid aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add yellow onion, green onion, and garlic; sauté until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add salmon and the liquid to the sautéed mixture, along with remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and continue cooking for about 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
Try this recipe for...
Try this recipe in a hollowed-out sourdough loaf for a hearty winter treat.
Serving Size 1 cup; Calories 226; Calories from Fat 126; Saturated Fat 6g; Carbohydrates 10g; Fiber 2g; Sugars 3g; Protein 17g; Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 812mg; Vitamin A 27%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 16%; Iron 7%