Eating seafood offers numerous benefits but often seafood lovers get stuck eating the same meal to satisfy their …View Article »
Eating seafood offers numerous benefits but often seafood lovers get stuck eating the same meal to satisfy their lean protein cravings. During this year’s Lenten season, Chicken of the Sea is taking a fresh look at seafood recipes to inspire families to eat healthier meals.
Fish, like tuna and salmon are packed with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and have been proved to counter the affects of diabetes and reduce the risk of stroke. Eating seafood can also decrease blood pressure, decrease bad cholesterol and decrease the risk of heart arrhythmias. With so many benefits, more families are looking to shake up their recipes and find fresh ideas for their Fish Fridays.
Do you already have recipes in mind or do you need a little inspiration? Head over to the Chicken of the Sea Mermaid-Approved Recipes [hyperlink: http://chickenofthesea.com/recipes_search.aspx] to search our database or check out the top picks below to get your culinary juices flowing:
- The Teriyaki Cashew Tuna is a fresh take on a delicious dinner classic and a great way to keep Fish Friday fun.
- The savory Tonno Con Verdure Miste combines marinated vegetables like eggplant, tomatoes and bell peppers with delicious tuna to make one fantastic dish.
- Entertaining on a Fish Friday? No problem. Try serving the Mermaid’s popular Festive Tuna Spread for your guests. It’s perfect for any and all occasions.
- For a classic dish with a seafood substitute, check out the Pasta with Tuna and Fresh Basil recipe.
- Simple and delicious, the Hawaiian Quesadilla is packed with tasty tuna and is great for a kid-friendly lunch.
Calling all home cooks, do you have a recipe that you’d love to share? The Mermaid wants to hear from you. Submit your original recipes using No Drain Tuna on her Facebook page. She will be sharing a new recipe every week until March 29, 2013. To help motivate you to keep Fish Fridays fun, visit the Mermaid’s Facebook page Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for a $0.50* off coupon for No Drain Tuna.
* Limit one coupon per person per week, while supplies last. Coupon cannot be printed from mobile devices.