A true classic tuna melt!
Classic Tuna Melt
1 5 oz. Chicken of the Sea® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Oil
1/2 cup Minced celery
1 Tablespoon Minced onion
Freshly ground black pepper
2 English muffins, split, or 4 slices of white bread
1 Tablespoon Unsalted butter, softened
8 slices Yellow American cheese
2 1/2 Tablespoons Mayo
1. In small bowl, stir together the tuna, celery, onion and mayonnaise with a fork until well blended.
2. Season with pepper to taste and set aside.
3. Preheat the broiler.
4. Toast the muffin halves or bread until golden.
5. Lightly butter, if desired.
6. Divide the tuna mixture among the 4 toasts, spreading evenly to cover.
7. Top each sandwich with 2 slices of cheese and broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
Makes 2 servings.