- 2 (3 ounce) pouch Chicken of the Sea® Tilapia in Marinara Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups frozen basmati rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Prepared Marinara Sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- To prepare the arancini, place tilapia in a medium bowl and use a fork to break it up into small pieces. Add Mozzarella, rice, egg, Parmesan, breadcrumbs, red pepper flakes and salt, and stir to completely combine. Cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Roll arancini mixture into 1 inch balls.
- To prepare the coating, place eggs in a small bowl and beat well. Place remaining breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Working in batches, dip balls into egg then roll in breadcrumb mixture; place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes or until golden brown, turning once or twice during cooking. Remove from heat and serve hot with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
Add a little twist
This is a fun recipe for a party and it’s a great way to use up leftover rice.
Calories 390 Fat 17g Protein 29g Carbs 33g Sodium 1750mg Sugar 6g