Avocado Tuna Sandwich
An outstanding avocado sandwich that you can serve on a hearty multi-grain bread or toasted baguette.
- total time: 20 mins
- servings: 4
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and coarsely mashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper strips, fresh or jarred
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (4-5 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® No Drain Solid Light Tuna or Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- 8 slices hearty multi-grain bread
- 8 slices tomato slices
- 8 slices red onions
- In medium bowl, combine avocado, lime juice, red pepper strips, parsley, garlic salt and pepper.
- Gently flake and fold in tuna.
- Fill each sandwich with 2 slices tomato, 1/4 avocado filling and 2 slices red onion.
- Serve immediately.
In this Recipe
Mermaid's Magic Touch
This mixture can also be served on top of leafy greens for the perfect salad!