- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 3 (4 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Shrimp (any size shrimp), drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- 1 bunch basil, torn into small bite-size pieces
- Heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a large pot.
- Once hot, add onions and stir occasionally until soft and starting to turn golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute, stirring to avoid burning the garlic.
- Stir in the tomatoes, chicken stock, salt and black pepper.
- Bring soup to a boil, then lower heat to maintain a simmer for at least 15 minutes.
- For thinner soup, purée ingredients in a blender and return to pot.
- For chunkier soup leave as is and continue.
- Add shrimp and stir in the cream.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese and basil.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
Try serving this soup in edible bowls! Hollow out individual sourdough loaves for your guests and make croutons out of the extra bread.
Serving Size 1 cup; Calories 200; Calories from Fat 126; Saturated Fat 7g; Carbohydrates 10g; Fiber 2g; Sugars 2g; Protein 11g; Cholesterol 122mg; Sodium 1180mg; Vitamin A 28%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 10%; Iron 8%