- 2 cups Swiss chard or kale, stems removed, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans Chicken of the Sea® Lump Crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup Gruyere or Swiss cheese, grated, plus 1/2 cup Gruyere or Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 loaf day-old Italian bread, crusts removed and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 9 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons tarragon leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 6-compartment oversized muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place chard on a microwave safe plate and cover with several layers of damp paper towels. Microwave on high for 45-60 seconds or until barely wilted.
- Place bread in the bottom of muffin tin. Place Swiss chard, crab, tomatoes and 1/2 cup of cheese over bread.
- Place eggs and tarragon in a large bowl and beat well. Pour mixture into muffin tin to fill 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake until puffy and golden brown, about 23 minutes. Serve hot.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
Rather than using whole eggs, substitute twice the amount of egg whites for a super healthy breakfast meal. Make these ahead and freeze; microwave to reheat for a great, fast breakfast.
Calories 330 Fat 12g Protein 24g Carbs 29g Sodium 750mg Sugar 2g