- 1 oz Chicken of the Sea® Brisling Sardines in Pure Spring Water
- 3 tablespoons non-fat milk
- 3 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley and some parsley leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cucumbers, sliced diagonally
- Mince the garlic, shallots and parsley; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the goat cheese, cream cheese, milk and black pepper in a medium bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 1 minute.
- Stir in the garlic, shallots, parsley, pine nuts and flaked sardine fillets into the goat cheese mixture.
- Mix well to combine.
- Slice the cucumber diagonally into 12, thick slices.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the goat cheese mixture on top of each cucumber slice.
- Place a parsley leaf on top of the mixture.
Add a little twist
It is best to double this recipe to use the entire can of sardines. If the spread is not used for the appetizers, it is excellent as a sandwich spread and can be used later. It will keep for several days in the refrigerator. Also, try this recipe with Chicken of the Sea Brisling Sardines in Olive Oil or Chicken of the Sea Brisling Sardines, Mediterranean Style.
Serving Size 1 tablespoon mixture on 1 cucumber slice; Calories 59; Saturated Fat 1.7; Carbohydrates 2.5; Fiber 0.3; Sugars 1.2; Protein 3.1; Cholesterol 7.1; Sodium 66.5; Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 3%; Calcium 4%; Iron 2%;