- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- 4 (3 oz) pouches Chicken of the Sea® Tilapia in Teriyaki Sesame Sauce, broken into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, preferably Thai basil, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups firm papaya, peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup firm mango, peeled, pitted and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- To make dressing place all ingredients in the work bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- To make the salad place all the ingredients in a large bowl, drizzle dressing over the top and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately or chill for up to 1 hour.
Add a little twist
Make this salad super easy by using your favorite Thai or Asian dressing in place of the dressing below. Another way to make preparation easier is to use an inexpensive julienne cutter to cut the mango, papaya and cucumber into long skinny strips.
Calories 380 Fat 21g Protein 19g Carbs 32g Sodium 890mg Sugar 22g