- 1 (14.75 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Traditional Pink or Red Salmon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.75 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen thawed corn, or use canned whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Drain salmon, reserving liquid.
- Remove large bones and skin as desired and flake the fish.
- Set salmon and liquid aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add yellow onion, green onion, and garlic; sauté until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add salmon and the liquid to the sautéed mixture, along with remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and continue cooking for about 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
In this Recipe
Mermaid's Magic Touch
Try this recipe in a hollowed-out sourdough loaf for a hearty winter treat.
Serving Size 1 cup; Calories 226; Calories from Fat 126; Saturated Fat 6g; Carbohydrates 10g; Fiber 2g; Sugars 3g; Protein 17g; Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 812mg; Vitamin A 27%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 16%; Iron 7%