- 1/2 cup lite cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 4 slices crusty sourdough bread
- Garlic and olive oil for the bread
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 (2.5 oz) pouch Chicken of the Sea® Smoked Pacific Salmon
- 4 slices red onion rings
- 4 slices vine-ripened tomatoes
- 2 leaves lettuce
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, chives and pepper: set aside.
- Brush one side of sourdough bread with garlic and olive oil; toast each side.
- Evenly divide and spread cream cheese mixture over two slices of the oiled side of bread.
- Evenly divide basil, salmon, red onions, tomatoes and lettuce between sandwiches.
- Top, oil side down, with remaining bread of sandwich tops.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
Add capers to the cream cheese mixture for extra flavor!
Serving Size 1 sandwich; Calories 460; Calories from Fat 130; Saturated Fat 5; Carbohydrates 57; Fiber 4; Sugars 6; Protein 23; Cholesterol 40; Sodium 990; Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 15%; Iron 20%;