- Tuna Medallions with Black Pepper Crust, Apple and Pear Salad
Tuna Medallions with Black Pepper Crust, Apple and Pear Salad
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Fuji or Gala apple, cored, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 Bosc or Anjou pear, cored, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cups arugula
- 3 (3 ounce) pouches Chicken of the Sea® Tuna Medallions with Black Pepper Crust
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped and toasted
- In a medium bowl, combine the lemon juice and water. Add the apple and pear to the lemon mixture, and toss to coat; drain the liquid (this step will prevent browning).
- In large bowl, add the oil, balsamic vinegar and shallots and whisk until combined; season with salt and pepper. Add the red onion, apple mixture and arugula to the shallot mixture; toss to coat.
- Divide the apple mixture evenly between serving dishes. Arrange the tuna on top of the salad and garnish with walnuts before serving.