A/R Deductions SpecialistApply Now
El Segundo, CA (Hybrid)
Thai Union Group Public Company Limited is the world’s trusted seafood leader, leveraging its expertise, bringing high quality, safe, delicious and seafood products to customers across the world for over 40 years. We are the world’s largest producer of shelf-stable tuna products, with a global workforce of over 44,000 people who are dedicated to pioneering sustainable and innovative seafood products.
Our commitment to enable “Healthy Living and Healthy Oceans” is realized through initiatives that cover a wide spectrum, from building sustainable ecosystems based on new technologies, through to investments in a number of global startups focusing on functional nutrition. Our SeaChange® sustainability strategy is a key pillar of our sustainability efforts, resulting in our inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index Emerging Markets (DJSI) for seven straight years and the FTSE4Good Emerging Index for five straight years. In addition, we have been named as one of the world’s highest performing sustainable companies, receiving a Gold Class distinction in the S&P Global Sustainability Yearbook 2021. These recognitions highlight that sustainability is not just integrated across all of our business practices, but has become the way our company does business.
We are dedicated to producing sustainable, convenient, and quality seafood products to help families worldwide lead healthier lives. In addition, we put a high priority on food-tech innovation, which can be seen through our expansion into areas such as alternative protein (including plant-based meats), supplements, and marine ingredients.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
This role will focus on all aspects of AR related to the deductions of a dedicated group of customers. Some of those customers may include US Foods, Walmart, Publix, Whole Foods, and Albertson’s. In liaison with customer service, sales, and the OS&D department, it ensures that sales for COSFF are properly validated, recorded, and paid. The role investigates, manages, and resolves all potential cash and discount discrepancies in a timely and accurate manner according to policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with experience working in a fast-paced environment and requires minimal supervision. The AR Deduction Specialist should display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and have strong written and verbal skills. They must be able to work cross-functionally to resolve issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All aspects of accounts receivable and deduction resolution related to trade spend allowance, compliance, returns, pricing, and OS&D.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, problem solve, and make decisions
- Heavy emphasis on researching, reconciling, and disputing erroneous deductions.
- Collaborate with brokers, sales, logistics, credit, and internal team.
- Resolve deductions and payment discrepancies efficiently and promptly
- Ability to meet goals related to KPI’s (key performance indicators)
- Process adjustments and accurately match credits to outstanding deductions
- Excel reporting as needed
- Audit support
- Update account data in SAP
- Maintain a positive working relationship with internal and external customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Special projects as directed by management
- Cross Training on other functions in AR
- Associate degree or higher
- Minimum of 5+ years AR experience, preferably in a CPG company
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience in areas of Accounts Receivable, specifically deductions
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- SAP knowledge a plus
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, communicate, usually through talking, hearing, writing and typing. Employee should be able to operate standard office equipment, i.e., telephones, computers, facsimile and copier. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, and move or lift to 35 lbs. The employee regularly works in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with a moderate degree of noise.
The employee is required to comply with all company policies, rules and directives, including safe work practices.
- Collaborative – works well with diverse workforce; communicates professionally with associates and leaders
- Responsible – punctual, proactively communicates status of issues and projects
- Humble – eager to learn new skills, asks for assistance when needed
- Passionate – has a support-mindset; committed to be the best
- Respectful – exhibits behaviors of caring, compassion, honesty, integrity, and fairness
- Innovative — constantly looks for ways to be more efficient and productive; Committed to continuous improvement
A career at Thai Union is a unique experience to grow as a professional and as a person. You will join a global fast-growing, innovative, and entrepreneurial organization deeply committed to its people, its community, and the environment.
Every single one of our employees matter. We are always listening and giving our talent opportunities to grow, develop, and implement new ideas to make a difference. Our focus on corporate social responsibility and sustainability in a creative and dynamic environment, combined with great opportunities to lead progress, is a guarantee you will quickly develop your professional skills within a diverse & inclusive human-centered organization.
Thai Union is committed to providing equality of opportunity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to help support your application, please let us know.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females,Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.