Accounts Receivable ManagerApply Now
El Segundo, CA, Remote or Hybrid
Thai Union Group Public Company Limited is the world’s trusted seafood leader, leveraging its expertise, bringing high quality, safe, delicious and seafood products to customers across the world for over 40 years. We are the world’s largest producer of shelf-stable tuna products, with a global workforce of over 44,000 people who are dedicated to pioneering sustainable and innovative seafood products.
Our commitment to enable “Healthy Living and Healthy Oceans” is realized through initiatives that cover a wide spectrum, from building sustainable ecosystems based on new technologies, through to investments in a number of global startups focusing on functional nutrition. Our SeaChange® sustainability strategy is a key pillar of our sustainability efforts, resulting in our inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index Emerging Markets (DJSI) for seven straight years and the FTSE4Good Emerging Index for five straight years. In addition, we have been named as one of the world’s highest performing sustainable companies, receiving a Gold Class distinction in the S&P Global Sustainability Yearbook 2021. These recognitions highlight that sustainability is not just integrated across all of our business practices, but has become the way our company does business.
We are dedicated to producing sustainable, convenient, and quality seafood products to help families worldwide lead healthier lives. In addition, we put a high priority on food-tech innovation, which can be seen through our expansion into areas such as alternative protein (including plant-based meats), supplements, and marine ingredients.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The AR Manager is responsible for overseeing the entire Accounts Receivable process of collections, deductions, chargebacks and cash applications. The AR Manager will manage a team, be responsible for developing analytical reporting to drive results, and improve processes as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage AR portfolios for Chicken of the Sea Frozen Foods; create customer analytics
- Lead a team of seven to fourteen and provide training
- Ensure timely processing of customer payments, credit memos and deductions
- Work closely with Customer Service to ensure alignment between the departments
- Facilitate and provide guidance on problem resolution on matters relating to short-pays, credits, open invoices, EDI transmissions, missing invoices, rate and accessorial analysis, missing PODs and BOLs
- Effective management of aged receivables and AR write-offs
- Ensure accounting principles are followed, leverage data and analytics to mitigate risk
- Maintain financial security by adhering to internal accounting controls
- Respond to audit requests in a timely manner
- Establish accounts receivable team objectives that align with corporate goals
- Ensure timely response and resolution of customer deductions
- Reply to customer (internal and external) inquiries promptly
- Oversee those responsible for performing credit checks to mitigate risk, monitor concerns and adjust credit levels accordingly for existing and new customers
- Oversee those responsible for managing the broker relationships
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers, leadership team, sales and brokers when facilitation towards problem resolution is needed
- Establish metrics that support corporate goals and that are sustainable
- Leverage data and analytics to mitigate risk
- Maintain confidentiality and security of sensitive company information
- Update current Accounts Receivable policies and procedures
- Ensure timely collection of payments
- Other duties as assigned
- Conduct business and interact with others in a way that exhibits Thai Union’s core values
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business
- Proven work experience as an Accounts Receivable Manager or Supervisor
- 5+ years working in Accounts Receivable and showing advancement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to resolve misunderstandings and errors in a diplomatic manner
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to create and present detailed reports
- Team management and negotiation skills, reliable attendance
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and strong sense of urgency
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems, SAP experience is preferred
- Problem-solving attitude, maintain accurate and complete records, attention to detail
- Work independently under general supervision, use initiative and good business judgment
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, multi-task and use time effectively
- Ability to accurately process numerical data, and provide prompt and courteous customer service
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, communicate, usually through talking, hearing, writing and typing. Employee should be able to operate standard office equipment, i.e., telephones, computers, facsimile and copier. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, and move or lift to 35 lbs. The employee regularly works in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with a moderate degree of noise.
The employee is required to comply with all company policies, rules and directives, including safe work practices.
- Collaborative – works well with diverse workforce; communicates professionally with associates and leaders
- Responsible – punctual, proactively communicates status of issues and projects
- Humble – eager to learn new skills, asks for assistance when needed
- Passionate – has a support-mindset; committed to be the best
- Respectful – exhibits behaviors of caring, compassion, honesty, integrity, and fairness
- Innovative — constantly looks for ways to be more efficient and productive; Committed to continuous improvement
A career at Thai Union is a unique experience to grow as a professional and as a person. You will join a global fast-growing, innovative, and entrepreneurial organization deeply committed to its people, its community, and the environment.
Every single one of our employees matter. We are always listening and giving our talent opportunities to grow, develop, and implement new ideas to make a difference. Our focus on corporate social responsibility and sustainability in a creative and dynamic environment, combined with great opportunities to lead progress, is a guarantee you will quickly develop your professional skills within a diverse & inclusive human-centered organization.
Thai Union is committed to providing equality of opportunity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to help support your application, please let us know.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females,Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.