Assistant Product ManagerApply Now
Thai Union Group Public Company Limited is the world’s trusted seafood leader, leveraging its expertise, bringing high quality, safe, delicious and seafood products to customers across the world for over 40 years. We are the world’s largest producer of shelf-stable tuna products, with a global workforce of over 44,000 people who are dedicated to pioneering sustainable and innovative seafood products.
Our commitment to enable “Healthy Living and Healthy Oceans” is realized through initiatives that cover a wide spectrum, from building sustainable ecosystems based on new technologies, through to investments in a number of global startups focusing on functional nutrition. Our SeaChange® sustainability strategy is a key pillar of our sustainability efforts, resulting in our inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index Emerging Markets (DJSI) for seven straight years and the FTSE4Good Emerging Index for five straight years. In addition, we have been named as one of the world’s highest performing sustainable companies, receiving a Gold Class distinction in the S&P Global Sustainability Yearbook 2021. These recognitions highlight that sustainability is not just integrated across all of our business practices, but has become the way our company does business.
We are dedicated to producing sustainable, convenient, and quality seafood products to help families worldwide lead healthier lives. In addition, we put a high priority on food-tech innovation, which can be seen through our expansion into areas such as alternative protein (including plant-based meats), supplements, and marine ingredients.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Assistant Production Manager evaluates and improves plant processes and operations to improve efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability, and maximize profitability. Develops and optimizes manufacturing processes to achieve the safety, quality, output, and cost goals of the organization. Collects production data and applies standard scientific and statistical methods to analyze, document, and diagram production processes. The Assistant Production Manager identifies process bottlenecks and devises solutions to resolve. Recommends changes or upgrades to equipment, work methods, or other aspects of the process to improve efficiency and utilization of resources including labor, energy, and raw materials. Builds standard work to prevent losses from re-occurring.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies, develops, and manages process improvement projects specifically aimed at improving operational KPI’s (safety, quality, productivity, waste and costs). This includes the ongoing development and training of required methods and procedures.
- Participates in Daily Direction Setting meeting. Communicates with Production Manager, Supervisors and Operators regarding losses, loss prevention initiatives, and participates in and leads root causes. Recommends and implements corrective actions using continuous improvement techniques such as Lean, TPM, Kaizens, and other proven tools.
- Works with manufacturing and maintenance personnel to ensure consistent operation of equipment at optimal condition. Identifies any/all of the following: set-up and run parameters; maintenance intervals, material specifications, and current best practices that can be re-applied to other machines, operators, or processes.
- Performs capacity studies, identifies bottlenecks, utilizes lean tools, and recommends solutions.
- Assists with start-up and First Hour Full Power. Looks for opportunities to reduce costs and increase efficiencies.
- Partner with quality, food safety, production, maintenance, planning & scheduling, finance and other departments to drive continuous improvement.
- Develops supporting set up, run and change over documentation and facilitates all training.
- Writes, performs, analyzes, and reports on validations to support process standardization.
- Develops project justifications, ROI analysis and proper project/capital requests consistent with company policy.
- Takes lead on management and implementation of safety initiatives. Always operates with safety considerations as paramount.
- Assists Manufacturing in preparing standard operating conditions with the appropriate input from the machine operators, supervisors and technical personnel.
- Determines the need for, and justifies capital projects such as source equipment and components by completing and routing Allocation for capital form.
- Assists Research and development in the development of customer specifications.
- Acquires knowledge of current procedures, work instructions, and associated forms prior to suggesting changes or solutions when gaps are identified.
- Utilizes a servant leadership approach with all associates at every level. Addresses employee concerns with the same importance as KPI performance gaps.
- Assist in ensuring HACCP, GMP’s Work Instructions, and safe quality food system requirements are in compliance.
- Proven work experience in manufacturing operations
- Knowledge of process related standards
- Excellent technical skills
- Analytical thinker with interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and math skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence team members to change existing practices
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to identify, assess and solve problems using lean principles
- Proficient with computer and information technology
- Knowledge of Microsoft office & ability to adapt to custom software (Trax)
- Familiarity with applicable health and safety regulations
- Four-year degree or equivalent work experience in leadership roles
- Good presentation skills in group settings. Effectively communicates in front of crowds
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, communicate, usually through talking, hearing, writing and typing. Employee should be able to operate standard office equipment, i.e., telephones, computers, facsimile and copier. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, and move or lift to 35 lbs. The employee regularly works in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with a moderate degree of noise. The employee is required to comply with all company policies, rules and directives, including safe work practices.
- Collaborative – works well with diverse workforce; communicates professionally with associates and leaders
- Responsible – punctual, proactively communicates status of issues and projects
- Humble – eager to learn new skills, asks for assistance when needed
- Passionate – has a support-mindset; committed to be the best
- Respectful – exhibits behaviors of caring, compassion, honesty, integrity, and fairness
- Innovative — constantly looks for ways to be more efficient and productive; Committed to continuous improvement
A career at Thai Union is a unique experience to grow as a professional and as a person. You will join a global fast-growing, innovative, and entrepreneurial organization deeply committed to its people, its community, and the environment.
Every single one of our employees matter. We are always listening and giving our talent opportunities to grow, develop, and implement new ideas to make a difference. Our focus on corporate social responsibility and sustainability in a creative and dynamic environment, combined with great opportunities to lead progress, is a guarantee you will quickly develop your professional skills within a diverse & inclusive human-centered organization.
Thai Union is committed to providing equality of opportunity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to help support your application, please let us know.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females,Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.