Associate Brand ManagerApply Now
Pittsburgh, PA or Remote
Thai Union Group Public Company Limited is the world’s trusted seafood leader, leveraging its expertise, bringing high quality, safe, delicious and seafood products to customers across the world for over 40 years. We are the world’s largest producer of shelf-stable tuna products, with a global workforce of over 44,000 people who are dedicated to pioneering sustainable and innovative seafood products.
Our commitment to enable “Healthy Living and Healthy Oceans” is realized through initiatives that cover a wide spectrum, from building sustainable ecosystems based on new technologies, through to investments in a number of global startups focusing on functional nutrition. Our SeaChange® sustainability strategy is a key pillar of our sustainability efforts, resulting in our inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index Emerging Markets (DJSI) for seven straight years and the FTSE4Good Emerging Index for five straight years. In addition, we have been named as one of the world’s highest performing sustainable companies, receiving a Gold Class distinction in the S&P Global Sustainability Yearbook 2021. These recognitions highlight that sustainability is not just integrated across all of our business practices, but has become the way our company does business.
We are dedicated to producing sustainable, convenient, and quality seafood products to help families worldwide lead healthier lives. In addition, we put a high priority on food-tech innovation, which can be seen through our expansion into areas such as alternative protein (including plant-based meats), supplements, and marine ingredients.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
As an Associate Brand Manager for the Chicken of the Sea brand, you will be at the center of business activity needed to deliver annual financial goals. Your responsibilities will span across branding & product development, packaging, sales enablement, manufacturing and more. You’ll support cross-functional teams of colleagues from innovation, sales, operations, research & development, ecommerce, and QA. You’ll help execute plans to deliver strong results and build a stronger present and future for the brand.
This is an exciting time for our North American business. We are building a new brand team with a strong and diverse set of skills and experiences and a highly entrepreneurial spirit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support annual marketing plan executions and consumer communication initiatives.
- Translate brand strategies into go-to-market plans; oversee implementation of marketing and sales activities to ensure consistency with brand strategy.
- Collaborate with marketing team to assist in such initiatives as: strategy, content development and management for social media/email/website/blogs, packaging reviews, influencer management, recipe production, budget management.
- Measure performance of all marketing efforts and assess against established goals; translate findings into reports for executive and cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate closely with E-Commerce/Channel Marketing Manager, Brand and external Amazon agency to develop and execute marketing plans that reach target shoppers and drive incremental sales.
- Partner with E-Commerce/Channel Marketing Manager to identify marketing opportunities and assortment recommendations.
- Partner with innovation team to develop and implement a robust and balanced roadmap and pipeline.
- Assist in the full New Product Development stage-gate process: Opportunity evaluation using data insights, concept screener development, pack design, research management, business case development, sell-in materials and customer launch plan recommendations.
- Evaluate progress to ensure on-track vs. expectations and course correct where necessary.
- Track performance of new product launches to report to upper management.
- Support all key initiatives as well as key trends (category, consumer, competitor, customer).
- Collaborate with Supply Chain, QA, creative agencies, research vendors.
- 5-10 years of experience in CPG brand/product management, preferably in food
- Ideally, prior innovation/new product development experience, new product launches and/or major repositioning of a brand.
- Strong organizational, planning, and project management skills.
- Ability to deliver positive results in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a diverse group of internal and external teams and agencies
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Proactivity and foresight to point out opportunities and risks to the business
- Proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint Microsoft applications
- Working knowledge of Nielsen or IRI software and syndicated data analysis
- MBA preferred, but not required
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, communicate, usually through talking, hearing, writing and typing. Employee should be able to operate standard office equipment, i.e., telephones, computers, facsimile and copier. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, and move or lift to 35 lbs. The employee regularly works in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with a moderate degree of noise. The employee is required to comply with all company policies, rules and directives, including safe work practices.
- Collaborative – works well with diverse workforce; communicates professionally with associates and leaders
- Responsible – punctual, proactively communicates status of issues and projects
- Humble – eager to learn new skills, asks for assistance when needed
- Passionate – has a support-mindset; committed to be the best
- Respectful – exhibits behaviors of caring, compassion, honesty, integrity, and fairness
- Innovative — constantly looks for ways to be more efficient and productive; Committed to continuous improvement
A career at Thai Union is a unique experience to grow as a professional and as a person. You will join a global fast-growing, innovative, and entrepreneurial organization deeply committed to its people, its community, and the environment.
Every single one of our employees matter. We are always listening and giving our talent opportunities to grow, develop, and implement new ideas to make a difference. Our focus on corporate social responsibility and sustainability in a creative and dynamic environment, combined with great opportunities to lead progress, is a guarantee you will quickly develop your professional skills within a diverse & inclusive human-centered organization.
Thai Union is committed to providing equality of opportunity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to help support your application, please let us know.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females,Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.