Director, Sales OperationsApply Now
El Segundo, CA
Thai Union Group Public Company Limited is the world’s trusted seafood leader, leveraging its expertise, bringing high quality, safe, delicious and seafood products to customers across the world for over 40 years. We are the world’s largest producer of shelf-stable tuna products, with a global workforce of over 44,000 people who are dedicated to pioneering sustainable and innovative seafood products.
Our commitment to enable “Healthy Living and Healthy Oceans” is realized through initiatives that cover a wide spectrum, from building sustainable ecosystems based on new technologies, through to investments in a number of global startups focusing on functional nutrition. Our SeaChange® sustainability strategy is a key pillar of our sustainability efforts, resulting in our inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index Emerging Markets (DJSI) for seven straight years and the FTSE4Good Emerging Index for five straight years. In addition, we have been named as one of the world’s highest performing sustainable companies, receiving a Gold Class distinction in the S&P Global Sustainability Yearbook 2021. These recognitions highlight that sustainability is not just integrated across all of our business practices, but has become the way our company does business.
We are dedicated to producing sustainable, convenient, and quality seafood products to help families worldwide lead healthier lives. In addition, we put a high priority on food-tech innovation, which can be seen through our expansion into areas such as alternative protein (including plant-based meats), supplements, and marine ingredients.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Director, Sales Operations will be responsible for critical administrative and day-to-day oversight of the commercial function at Chicken of the Sea Frozen Foods. This role will ensure processes, systems and structures are in place and optimized for the sales operations to be successful. While this role will support General Sales, the initial focus will be (heavily weighted) in support of US Foods and Foodservice channel business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
US Foods Focus Areas
- Inventory Forecasting management:
- Oversee account-level forecasting to ensure accuracy; drive our Sales & Operational Plan/Process.
- Partner with Sales team to coordinate, vet and manage timely and accurate forecasts.
- Liaison between Operations, Sales, Finance & Accounting teams, and key customer contacts.
- Provide critical market/regional sales activity recommendations with weekly analytics support.
- Implement on-going portfolio optimization to drive profitability and efficiency.
- Pricing & Contract Management:
- Oversight of pricing and bid activity, including execution and administration (purchasing allowances, cost builds, contracts)
- Budgeting & Financial Forecasting:
- Participate in budgeting and customer planning and execution to meet KPI targets.
- Collaborate with Finance on quarterly forecasts.
For General Sales
- Partner with Sales Team and customers to drive business performance.
- Oversee accurate forecasting and drive Sales & Operational Plan, including customer contract commitments.
- Key stakeholder role in addressing aged Inventory management and disposition.
- Represent Sales functions in SAP improvement programs (e.g., reporting, system changes).
- Manage, update, create and cascade Standard Operating Procedures related to Sales function.
- Tie work streams into SalesForce (i.e., contracts).
- Drive consistency with bid process.
- Leads product recall, QA return issues, financial reimbursement etc.
- Facilitates cost savings initiatives
- Liaison with cross-departmental stakeholders on Sales related activity.
KEY STAKEHOLDER RELATIONSHIPS
- SVP, Sales Operations
- VP, Commercial
- US Foods Sales Team
- Sales Team
- Operations Team (Procurement, Inventory Analysts, Category Management, Logistics, IT etc.)
- Finance & Accounting Team
- 5-10 years of Sales/Sales Operations experience, and success.
- Deliver sales process improvement, measurement, tracking and analytics for relevant areas.
- Enhance sales productivity by enabling the sales team to work smarter through simplified processes.
- Define and deliver the end-to-end process of tracking the sales funnel and operational metrics. Track and analyze key metrics.
- Thought partner with sales leaders on strategy, territory management, etc.
- Interface with Sales Managers/Enterprise Sales teams to measure and evaluate sales initiatives against plan. Identify and surface challenges for internal review and problem-solving.
- Ability to maintain and monitor procurement and contract records.
- Familiarity and proficiency with an SAP ERP system.
CRITICAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
Candidates should have proven experience and be able to demonstrate a repeated track record in the areas that follow:
- Results Oriented: Has a natural orientation towards clearly identifiable performance indicators and embraces accountability to deliver against these metrics. Has an established track record of setting and achieving stretch objectives.
- Change Leadership: Proven ability to drive sales operations and system processes improvements.
- Collaboration and influencing skills: Develop effective internal and external relationships across functional boundaries in pursuit of commercial goals.
- Continuous improvement: Relentlessly improve commercial and operational processes to ensure synergies and high standards.
- Personal leadership: Demonstrate resiliency and perseverance through change management and operational improvements.
- Well versed in the Microsoft software suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Must be able to sit and or stand in a normal office setting for extended periods of time.
- Able to work on a computer for extended periods of time (8+ hours).
- Willing to travel as required.
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, communicate, usually through talking, hearing, writing and typing. Employee should be able to operate standard office equipment, i.e., telephones, computers, facsimile and copier. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, and move or lift to 35 lbs. The employee regularly works in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with a moderate degree of noise.
The employee is required to comply with all company policies, rules and directives, including safe work practices.
- Collaborative – works well with diverse workforce; communicates professionally with associates and leaders
- Responsible – punctual, proactively communicates status of issues and projects
- Humble – eager to learn new skills, asks for assistance when needed
- Passionate – has a support-mindset; committed to be the best
- Respectful – exhibits behaviors of caring, compassion, honesty, integrity, and fairness
- Innovative — constantly looks for ways to be more efficient and productive; Committed to continuous improvement
A career at Thai Union is a unique experience to grow as a professional and as a person. You will join a global fast-growing, innovative, and entrepreneurial organization deeply committed to its people, its community, and the environment.
Every single one of our employees matter. We are always listening and giving our talent opportunities to grow, develop, and implement new ideas to make a difference. Our focus on corporate social responsibility and sustainability in a creative and dynamic environment, combined with great opportunities to lead progress, is a guarantee you will quickly develop your professional skills within a diverse & inclusive human-centered organization.
Thai Union is committed to providing equality of opportunity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to help support your application, please let us know.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females,Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.