Finance AnalystApply Now
El Segundo, CA, Pittsburgh, PA, Remote or Hybrid
Thai Union Group Public Company Limited is the world’s trusted seafood leader, leveraging its expertise, bringing high quality, safe, delicious and seafood products to customers across the world for over 40 years. We are the world’s largest producer of shelf-stable tuna products, with a global workforce of over 44,000 people who are dedicated to pioneering sustainable and innovative seafood products.
Our commitment to enable “Healthy Living and Healthy Oceans” is realized through initiatives that cover a wide spectrum, from building sustainable ecosystems based on new technologies, through to investments in a number of global startups focusing on functional nutrition. Our SeaChange® sustainability strategy is a key pillar of our sustainability efforts, resulting in our inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index Emerging Markets (DJSI) for seven straight years and the FTSE4Good Emerging Index for five straight years. In addition, we have been named as one of the world’s highest performing sustainable companies, receiving a Gold Class distinction in the S&P Global Sustainability Yearbook 2021. These recognitions highlight that sustainability is not just integrated across all of our business practices, but has become the way our company does business.
We are dedicated to producing sustainable, convenient, and quality seafood products to help families worldwide lead healthier lives. In addition, we put a high priority on food-tech innovation, which can be seen through our expansion into areas such as alternative protein (including plant-based meats), supplements, and marine ingredients.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Financial Analyst will develop and maintain accurate, actionable, and insightful analysis for all areas of the business. The position will work cross-functionally to understand and explain cost variance versus budget, forecast and year-ago. Through sound financial and accounting concepts, support monthly close, forecasting, and annual budgeting process. The position will also develop and track KPI’s, identify actions to drive financial performance, and create presentation packages to management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 3-5 years of related finance experience; consumer goods, food and beverage, or retail preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or Accounting; MBA or CPA desirable
- Ability to manage large sets of data, utilize strong analytical and financial modeling skills with ability to build Excel pivot tables, and graphs to identify insights
- Energetic, motivated, proactive, self-starter; ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and other data repository tools
- Ability to work across functions, articulate a point of view, and drive business opportunities
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, and diverse environment; strong team player
- Energetic self-starter, ability to work independently and often beyond 9am to 5pm
- Ability to prioritize, adapt, and remain flexible while managing multiple projects
- Skilled in collecting, analyzing and summarizing complex business situations; ability to draw logical conclusions and solve problems
- Ability to be creative and innovative while maintaining attention to detail
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, communicate, usually through talking, hearing, writing and typing. Employee should be able to operate standard office equipment, i.e., telephones, computers, facsimile and copier. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, and move or lift to 35 lbs. The employee regularly works in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with a moderate degree of noise.
The employee is required to comply with all company policies, rules and directives, including safe work practices.
- Collaborative – works well with diverse workforce; communicates professionally with associates and leaders
- Responsible – punctual, proactively communicates status of issues and projects
- Humble – eager to learn new skills, asks for assistance when needed
- Passionate – has a support-mindset; committed to be the best
- Respectful – exhibits behaviors of caring, compassion, honesty, integrity, and fairness
- Innovative — constantly looks for ways to be more efficient and productive; Committed to continuous improvement
A career at Thai Union is a unique experience to grow as a professional and as a person. You will join a global fast-growing, innovative, and entrepreneurial organization deeply committed to its people, its community, and the environment.
Every single one of our employees matter. We are always listening and giving our talent opportunities to grow, develop, and implement new ideas to make a difference. Our focus on corporate social responsibility and sustainability in a creative and dynamic environment, combined with great opportunities to lead progress, is a guarantee you will quickly develop your professional skills within a diverse & inclusive human-centered organization.
Thai Union is committed to providing equality of opportunity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to help support your application, please let us know.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females,Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.