Food Safety & Sanitation ManagerApply Now
Thai Union Group Public Company Limited is the world’s trusted seafood leader, leveraging its expertise, bringing high quality, safe, delicious and seafood products to customers across the world for over 40 years. We are the world’s largest producer of shelf-stable tuna products, with a global workforce of over 44,000 people who are dedicated to pioneering sustainable and innovative seafood products.
Our commitment to enable “Healthy Living and Healthy Oceans” is realized through initiatives that cover a wide spectrum, from building sustainable ecosystems based on new technologies, through to investments in a number of global startups focusing on functional nutrition. Our SeaChange® sustainability strategy is a key pillar of our sustainability efforts, resulting in our inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index Emerging Markets (DJSI) for seven straight years and the FTSE4Good Emerging Index for five straight years. In addition, we have been named as one of the world’s highest performing sustainable companies, receiving a Gold Class distinction in the S&P Global Sustainability Yearbook 2021. These recognitions highlight that sustainability is not just integrated across all of our business practices, but has become the way our company does business.
We are dedicated to producing sustainable, convenient, and quality seafood products to help families worldwide lead healthier lives. In addition, we put a high priority on food-tech innovation, which can be seen through our expansion into areas such as alternative protein (including plant-based meats), supplements, and marine ingredients.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
Document, assess, and report the facility’s level of compliance with Company, Regulatory, and GFSI food safety, food defense and food quality standards, guidelines and requirements. Serve as local liaison between GSFI system Certification Body auditors and plant for inspections, renewal applications, and compliance requirements. Ensure that the facility’s Food Safety and Quality Management Program (FSQM) adequately addresses any potential food safety hazard and threat to food quality, and includes sufficient measures and procedures to effectively control or eliminate these hazards and threats.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, administer, and manage the facility’s Food Safety and Quality Management Program (FSQM), including the HACCP Plan, Food Defense, Sanitation, pre-Requisite Programs, and other related programs, actions and activities.
- Conduct FSQM Program desk (document & records) and physical internal audits and gap assessment analysis, and audit FSQM Program monitoring, recording and reporting activities for the COSI GA facility.
- Track and report FSQM Program metrics and performance indicators. E.g. plant sanitation inspection trending, FSQM Program goal attainment reports, weekly and month plant FSQM Internal Audit and Corrective Action Progress Reports.
- Track & record C-TPAT information with Security including monitoring training records and daily activities.
- Record and report results of assessments, validations and audits, providing timely information and feedback to Plant Management and Production Department.
- Monitor and report implementation of corrective actions to overcome audit findings, non-conformances, and program gaps, and validate their effectiveness.
- Responsible for developing, introducing, and documenting the validation of FSQM Program policies and procedures, and other programs that support the GSFI system and other 3rd party audits.
- Assess and validate plant sanitation programs, plant security programs and other programs relevant to the FSQM Program.
- Audit quality control programs & processes. Provide feedback to General Manager and Quality Manager.
- Ensure that all copies of the FSQM Program Manual are up to date, and that any outdated material is properly recalled and withdrawn.
- With the assistance of the Plant Training Specialist, coordinate, facilitate, and conduct employee training and orientation activities relevant to FSQM Program and document (verify) these trainings and validate their effectiveness.
- Communicate and educate COSI GA personnel and administration on the FSQM Program details and activities. Help to develop FSQM Program related training and orientation programs.
- Collaborate with plant maintenance, engineering, and quality control, and become directly involved in the planning and evaluation of new equipment and processes, and in the introduction of new products, ingredients and materials to ensure they meet Company, Regulatory and FSQM guidelines and regulations.
- Ensure that any new production, maintenance, sanitation, or control process, equipment, product or material has been properly tested, assessed and approved by COSI Q.A. before being commissioned for use in the facility.
- Responsible for post cleaning and pre-operations sanitation inspections of new, recently repaired or modified, and existing equipment, cleaning chemicals and processing areas, and documenting the validation of the effectiveness of cleaning and sanitation activities.
- Perform, document and report the risk analysis, root cause investigations and evaluations of potential food safety hazards and threats to food quality, and validate that the procedures and systems that are in place effectively control or eliminate these hazards and threats.
- Head Food Defense Committee.
- Report, and take necessary timely action to prevent and correct food safety, food defense and food quality issues and non-conformances.
- Develop and track the annual budget for the Plant Process Auditing Department.
- Act as back-up for Sanitation Supervisor, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by QC Manager.
- Comply with Company policies and safety requirements.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of 3 years of food manufacturing Q.C./Q.A., Process Control/Process Assurance, or Food Safety work experience, including supervision of staff, is required.
- A strong understanding of HACCP and its implementation is required. HACCP certification is preferred.
- Experience working with quality systems (such as ISO 9000, ISO22000, TS16949, AS9100, SQF, BRC, etc.) is required. SQF Practitioner certification is a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in advanced quality statistics, measurement system analysis and continuous improvement is required.
- Proficiency in use of a computer and common MS office software (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to work in a self-directed environment are required.
- Good math skills – shall be able to compute percentages, averages, range, and stnd. dev.
- A BS or MS in a technical or science related field is a plus.
- American Society for Quality certification, such as current CQE or CQM status, is a plus.
- Able to develop training programs and to train others in operational procedures
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Able to work with moving equipment
- Able to work any shift including overtime and/or weekends
- Moving machinery parts
- Other electrically operated equipment
- Slippery surface/Wet environment
- Slips and fall
- Hot plates and drying oven
REQUIRED PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Bump Cap
- Lab coats
REQUIRED SAFETY TRAINING
- Orientation (Hire)
- Hearing Conservation Program (Annually)
- Emergency Evacuation Program (Annually)
- Hazard Communication M.S.D.S. Program (Annually)
- Personal Protective Equipment Program (Annually)
- Slips and Falls Prevention Program (Annually)
- Security Awareness (Annually)
- Food Safety (Annually)
- Good Manufacturing Practices (Annually)
REQUIRED TECHNICAL TRAINING
- SQF Practitioner or equivalent
- Thermal Process Control
- Basic Supervisor Skills
- Unlawful Harassment
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, communicate, usually through talking, hearing, writing and typing. Employee should be able to operate standard office equipment, i.e., telephones, computers, facsimile and copier. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, and move or lift to 35 lbs. The employee regularly works in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with a moderate degree of noise. The employee is required to comply with all company policies, rules and directives, including safe work practices.
- Collaborative – works well with diverse workforce; communicates professionally with associates and leaders
- Responsible – punctual, proactively communicates status of issues and projects
- Humble – eager to learn new skills, asks for assistance when needed
- Passionate – has a support-mindset; committed to be the best
- Respectful – exhibits behaviors of caring, compassion, honesty, integrity, and fairness
- Innovative — constantly looks for ways to be more efficient and productive; Committed to continuous improvement
A career at Thai Union is a unique experience to grow as a professional and as a person. You will join a global fast-growing, innovative, and entrepreneurial organization deeply committed to its people, its community, and the environment.
Every single one of our employees matter. We are always listening and giving our talent opportunities to grow, develop, and implement new ideas to make a difference. Our focus on corporate social responsibility and sustainability in a creative and dynamic environment, combined with great opportunities to lead progress, is a guarantee you will quickly develop your professional skills within a diverse & inclusive human-centered organization.
Thai Union is committed to providing equality of opportunity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to help support your application, please let us know.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females,Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.