Human Resources Business PartnerApply Now
Pittsburgh, PA or Hybrid
Thai Union Group Public Company Limited is the world’s trusted seafood leader, leveraging its expertise, bringing high quality, safe, delicious and seafood products to customers across the world for over 40 years. We are the world’s largest producer of shelf-stable tuna products, with a global workforce of over 44,000 people who are dedicated to pioneering sustainable and innovative seafood products.
Our commitment to enable “Healthy Living and Healthy Oceans” is realized through initiatives that cover a wide spectrum, from building sustainable ecosystems based on new technologies, through to investments in a number of global startups focusing on functional nutrition. Our SeaChange® sustainability strategy is a key pillar of our sustainability efforts, resulting in our inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index Emerging Markets (DJSI) for seven straight years and the FTSE4Good Emerging Index for five straight years. In addition, we have been named as one of the world’s highest performing sustainable companies, receiving a Gold Class distinction in the S&P Global Sustainability Yearbook 2021. These recognitions highlight that sustainability is not just integrated across all of our business practices, but has become the way our company does business.
We are dedicated to producing sustainable, convenient, and quality seafood products to help families worldwide lead healthier lives. In addition, we put a high priority on food-tech innovation, which can be seen through our expansion into areas such as alternative protein (including plant-based meats), supplements, and marine ingredients.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
We are seeking a talented HR Business Partner to support the development and administration of core HR processes including HR Employee relations, investigations, onboarding, performance management, talent development, salary planning, employee engagement activities, employee relations and events. As an HR Business partner, the position provides timely and helpful advice, direction and support to leaders and employees pertaining to the interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Administers various HR plans and procedures for the company; assists in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures including the employee handbook.
- Partner with respective client group to understand the business challenges and to ensure effective and timely HR support
- Answer employee questions not limited to: HR policy / procedure interpretation, time off, leave of absence, health insurance, relocation and learning and development.
- Works with department managers to determine resource needs and partners with the Talent Acquisition Manager to ensure the effective execution of recruitment activities for full-time and temporary employees.
- Lead annual Performance Management process and coach managers through process. Provide guidance to ensure the integrity of the performance management program and the development of employees
- Support salary planning and succession planning processes by collecting and providing input to the assessment of employees and managing cycle timelines.
- Monitors compliance with applicable federal and state requirements and recommends changes to policies and practices as appropriate.
- Supports various employee relations, development and training activities to ensure that employee development goals are met.
- Supports the administration of the annual employee engagement survey, reports results and collaborates with leaders to develop appropriate responses to issues identified in the survey.
- Stay abreast of HR and market trends, challenge the status quo, and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual HR service improvements.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in HR related field or business preferred
- Proven, progressive HR knowledge and capability with 5+ years of HR experience
- Excellent judgement in the selection of key talent that meets organizational needs
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Current understanding of federal and state employment regulations
- Experience in developing HR metrics and providing management reports
- Proficiency with MS Teams, HRIS platforms and web-based learning
- A willingness to be open and learn
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, communicate, usually through talking, hearing, writing and typing. Employee should be able to operate standard office equipment, i.e., telephones, computers, facsimile and copier. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, and move or lift to 35 lbs. The employee regularly works in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with a moderate degree of noise.
The employee is required to comply with all company policies, rules and directives, including safe work practices.
- Collaborative – works well with diverse workforce; communicates professionally with associates and leaders
- Responsible – punctual, proactively communicates status of issues and projects
- Humble – eager to learn new skills, asks for assistance when needed
- Passionate – has a support-mindset; committed to be the best
- Respectful – exhibits behaviors of caring, compassion, honesty, integrity, and fairness
- Innovative — constantly looks for ways to be more efficient and productive; Committed to continuous improvement
A career at Thai Union is a unique experience to grow as a professional and as a person. You will join a global fast-growing, innovative, and entrepreneurial organization deeply committed to its people, its community, and the environment.
Every single one of our employees matter. We are always listening and giving our talent opportunities to grow, develop, and implement new ideas to make a difference. Our focus on corporate social responsibility and sustainability in a creative and dynamic environment, combined with great opportunities to lead progress, is a guarantee you will quickly develop your professional skills within a diverse & inclusive human-centered organization.
Thai Union is committed to providing equality of opportunity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to help support your application, please let us know.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females,Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.