Senior Human Resource ManagerApply Now
Thai Union Group Public Company Limited is the world’s trusted seafood leader, leveraging its expertise, bringing high quality, safe, delicious and seafood products to customers across the world for over 40 years. We are the world’s largest producer of shelf-stable tuna products, with a global workforce of over 44,000 people who are dedicated to pioneering sustainable and innovative seafood products.
Our commitment to enable “Healthy Living and Healthy Oceans” is realized through initiatives that cover a wide spectrum, from building sustainable ecosystems based on new technologies, through to investments in a number of global startups focusing on functional nutrition. Our SeaChange® sustainability strategy is a key pillar of our sustainability efforts, resulting in our inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index Emerging Markets (DJSI) for seven straight years and the FTSE4Good Emerging Index for five straight years. In addition, we have been named as one of the world’s highest performing sustainable companies, receiving a Gold Class distinction in the S&P Global Sustainability Yearbook 2021. These recognitions highlight that sustainability is not just integrated across all of our business practices, but has become the way our company does business.
We are dedicated to producing sustainable, convenient, and quality seafood products to help families worldwide lead healthier lives. In addition, we put a high priority on food-tech innovation, which can be seen through our expansion into areas such as alternative protein (including plant-based meats), supplements, and marine ingredients.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
We are seeking a progressive thinking Senior HR Manager, that puts a strong focus on leadership, operational partnerships, team, and individual development, while being instrumental in driving high-impact change efforts and operational success, in a sensitive and challenging environment. This individual will be successful through strong HR leadership, partnerships, communication, and employee engagement for the manufacturing operation in this non-union plant.
The Senior HR Manager will report to the Plant Manager, while partnering with the plant Leadership Team and corporate stakeholders, in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment to deliver essential people solutions.
- Instrumental in driving high-impact change efforts in sensitive and challenging environments, while achieving continuity through strong communication and employee engagement.
- Owning the recruitment process by discussing staffing needs with line managers and leadership team members, completing position requisitions and postings, screening applicants, conducting interviews, and managing applicants through the entire recruitment life cycle
- Ensure we have a comprehensive and meaningful onboarding platform including conducting new hire orientation, benefits orientation, and ensuring new hires are properly integrated into the organization
- Investigate and resolve employee relations problems (personally or through team). Provide advice and guidance to managers, leaders and employees on Human Resources matters
- Ensure we have strong employment, benefits, career advancement platforms, etc., in place
- Review salary bands/wage information and provide recommendations to the leadership team to ensure fair and competitive pay practices are in place
- Ensure the Plant HR Team is providing the highest level of customer service is provided to managers and employees and help team to consistently apply company policies, procedures, and compliance with employment laws
- Act as a change agent in a fast-paced environment; engage with leaders, managers, and employees to respond to a variety of dynamic priorities
- Initiate and sustain collaborative, trust-based relationships with management and peers
- Adapt, develop and/or implement appropriate human resource structures, tools, policies, processes and procedures to support the Plant and operational goals
- Create, develop, partner, lead and nurture/sustain a positive, engaging Plant that attracts, develops, and retains critical talent
- Align the leadership team on a change-oriented culture to help drive priority-based initiatives aligned with the business goals throughout the organization
- Measure HR Team performance against annual operating plan metrics (KPIs)
- Provide metrics and analysis to the plant manager to effectively operate the plant
- Contribute leading-edge thought People/HR leadership and innovative approaches to maximize organizational performance within the group
- Build benchmarks and analysis that creates an environment that supports ongoing efforts to identify, develop management and technical talent throughout the organization with particular emphasis on critical skills to support business goals and stabilize the operation
- Lead for the Plant, operations the performance review, merit review, talent review and open enrollment processes
- Forecast, Lead and conduct workforce planning with Plant leadership to ensure business meets commercial expectations as well as financial commitments
- Acts strategic and day to day stabilizing partner to the Plant General Manager
- Models and demonstrates the TU Values of Passionate, Humble, Respectful, Responsible, Collaborative, Innovative
- Leverages corporate partners to create, implement and drive HR best practices and organizational
- 6+ years of experience as a Senior or Human Resources Manager and Business Partner
- 12+ years of experience in Human Resources within a manufacturing facility
- Food plant HR leadership experience a plus
- Must be a forward-thinking HR leader with a strong focus on team & individual development.
- Ability to obtain results by effectively utilizing leadership and talent resources, while serving as a champion for continuous improvement and organizational excellence in all areas.
- Extensive experience in achieving continuity through strong communication and employee engagement.
- Proven skills in the areas of initiative, individual leadership, teamwork, collaboration, and facilitation
- Proven experience in conflict management
- Experience with complex employee relations issues, including proper investigations.
- Knowledge of current/evolving US employment law and Human Resource policies/practices
- Experience recruiting non-exempt/hourly employees strongly preferred
- Experience in recruiting for manufacturing leadership roles and specialized positions
- Experience in leading Employee Engagement, Team Building and Employee Development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and lead through clear deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to skillfully interact with leadership and stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to manage plant wide budgets for Human Capital planning
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS)
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Prior experience working with HRIS systems
- Strong knowledge of Benefits and Payroll processes
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, communicate, usually through talking, hearing, writing and typing. Employee should be able to operate standard office equipment, i.e., telephones, computers, facsimile and copier. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, and move or lift to 35 lbs. The employee regularly works in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with a moderate degree of noise.
The employee is required to comply with all company policies, rules and directives, including safe work practices.
- Collaborative – works well with diverse workforce; communicates professionally with associates and leaders
- Responsible – punctual, proactively communicates status of issues and projects
- Humble – eager to learn new skills, asks for assistance when needed
- Passionate – has a support-mindset; committed to be the best
- Respectful – exhibits behaviors of caring, compassion, honesty, integrity, and fairness
- Innovative — constantly looks for ways to be more efficient and productive; Committed to continuous improvement
A career at Thai Union is a unique experience to grow as a professional and as a person. You will join a global fast-growing, innovative, and entrepreneurial organization deeply committed to its people, its community, and the environment.
Every single one of our employees matter. We are always listening and giving our talent opportunities to grow, develop, and implement new ideas to make a difference. Our focus on corporate social responsibility and sustainability in a creative and dynamic environment, combined with great opportunities to lead progress, is a guarantee you will quickly develop your professional skills within a diverse & inclusive human-centered organization.
Thai Union is committed to providing equality of opportunity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to help support your application, please let us know.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females,Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.