Supply Chain AnalystApply Now
Thai Union Group Public Company Limited is the world’s trusted seafood leader, leveraging its expertise, bringing high quality, safe, delicious and seafood products to customers across the world for over 40 years. We are the world’s largest producer of shelf-stable tuna products, with a global workforce of over 44,000 people who are dedicated to pioneering sustainable and innovative seafood products.
Our commitment to enable “Healthy Living and Healthy Oceans” is realized through initiatives that cover a wide spectrum, from building sustainable ecosystems based on new technologies, through to investments in a number of global startups focusing on functional nutrition. Our SeaChange® sustainability strategy is a key pillar of our sustainability efforts, resulting in our inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index Emerging Markets (DJSI) for seven straight years and the FTSE4Good Emerging Index for five straight years. In addition, we have been named as one of the world’s highest performing sustainable companies, receiving a Gold Class distinction in the S&P Global Sustainability Yearbook 2021. These recognitions highlight that sustainability is not just integrated across all of our business practices, but has become the way our company does business.
We are dedicated to producing sustainable, convenient, and quality seafood products to help families worldwide lead healthier lives. In addition, we put a high priority on food-tech innovation, which can be seen through our expansion into areas such as alternative protein (including plant-based meats), supplements, and marine ingredients.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
This position manages the daily performance and key metrics for transportation of Chicken of the Sea products throughout the Supply Chain. It is responsible for identifying losses across our transportation network that enable improvements and reduce costs. In addition to owning development of transportation scorecards and developing action plans to make improvements, the role requires the ability to lead complex projects and work closely with our external partners to develop collaborative relationships that enable us to meet our business objectives. The goal of this position is to be the subject matter expert on transportation challenges and solutions, in order to advance Chicken of the Sea’s service and cost targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the attainment of customer delivery service targets. Proactively identifies and resolves potential issues concerning transportation
- Scorecards current and new 3PL transportation providers and drives accountability through weekly and monthly reviews
- Manage all freight claims (overages, shortages, and damages) to resolution and defines processes to minimize their impact.
- Work closely with the Accounts Receivable team to find the root causes of vendor compliance deductions and take corrective actions
- Develop dashboards and scorecards that provide insight to senior leadership about transportation spend across the Chicken of the Sea network
- Negotiates RFPs with 3PL partners to determine best pricing and service on all transportation lanes
- Collaborates with other departments to integrate transportation with business systems/processes such as customer service, order management, accounting and warehousing.
- Creates policies and procedures for all transportation activities
- Develop and communicate transportation policies and procedures
- Responsible for identifying and executing cost saving projects in transportation areas
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Engineering or related field. • 1-3 years of transportation/logistics/supply chain experience.Good understanding of the Supply Chain – End to End
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and improve processes
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills. Communicates effectively and interacts professionally with customers, co-workers and management.
- Takes initiative and work independently with minimal supervision while exercising good business judgment. Good organizational skills with the ability to plan, organize, prioritize, multi-task and use time effectively. Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Work experience in preferably in a CPG Food Company or Consumer Goods Company
- Working knowledge of database systems (SQL)
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, communicate, usually through talking, hearing, writing and typing. Employee should be able to operate standard office equipment, i.e., telephones, computers, facsimile and copier. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, and move or lift to 35 lbs. The employee regularly works in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with a moderate degree of noise.
The employee is required to comply with all company policies, rules and directives, including safe work practices.
- Collaborative – works well with diverse workforce; communicates professionally with associates and leaders
- Responsible – punctual, proactively communicates status of issues and projects
- Humble – eager to learn new skills, asks for assistance when needed
- Passionate – has a support-mindset; committed to be the best
- Respectful – exhibits behaviors of caring, compassion, honesty, integrity, and fairness
- Innovative — constantly looks for ways to be more efficient and productive; Committed to continuous improvement
A career at Thai Union is a unique experience to grow as a professional and as a person. You will join a global fast-growing, innovative, and entrepreneurial organization deeply committed to its people, its community, and the environment.
Every single one of our employees matter. We are always listening and giving our talent opportunities to grow, develop, and implement new ideas to make a difference. Our focus on corporate social responsibility and sustainability in a creative and dynamic environment, combined with great opportunities to lead progress, is a guarantee you will quickly develop your professional skills within a diverse & inclusive human-centered organization.
Thai Union is committed to providing equality of opportunity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to help support your application, please let us know.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females,Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.