Supply Planning AnalystApply Now
El Segundo, CA, Remote or Hybrid
Thai Union Group Public Company Limited is the world’s trusted seafood leader, leveraging its expertise, bringing high quality, safe, delicious and seafood products to customers across the world for over 40 years. We are the world’s largest producer of shelf-stable tuna products, with a global workforce of over 44,000 people who are dedicated to pioneering sustainable and innovative seafood products.
Our commitment to enable “Healthy Living and Healthy Oceans” is realized through initiatives that cover a wide spectrum, from building sustainable ecosystems based on new technologies, through to investments in a number of global startups focusing on functional nutrition. Our SeaChange® sustainability strategy is a key pillar of our sustainability efforts, resulting in our inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index Emerging Markets (DJSI) for seven straight years and the FTSE4Good Emerging Index for five straight years. In addition, we have been named as one of the world’s highest performing sustainable companies, receiving a Gold Class distinction in the S&P Global Sustainability Yearbook 2021. These recognitions highlight that sustainability is not just integrated across all of our business practices, but has become the way our company does business.
We are dedicated to producing sustainable, convenient, and quality seafood products to help families worldwide lead healthier lives. In addition, we put a high priority on food-tech innovation, which can be seen through our expansion into areas such as alternative protein (including plant-based meats), supplements, and marine ingredients.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Supply Planning Analyst is a part of the Integrated Business Planning team and is responsible for the planning and optimization of our portfolio. This role supports cross-functional reporting for supply planning metrics and interacts closely with logistics and sales to ensure the right products are available at the right time across our DC network.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for achieving business objectives including delivery, product growth, and product diversity.
- Responsible for Distribution Requirement Planning (DRP) process to sustain targeted CFR rate among DC network while minimizing network movement spend
- Owns CFR reporting and provides support on monthly reporting to leadership on SKUs within Limits
- Conduct business analysis, recommend solutions, and implement initiatives
- Order and manage display components and inventory, providing support to marketing and logistics as needed to fulfill customer display orders while maximizing display portfolio
- Leads inventory projection analysis and reporting, works with cross-functional to drive inventory towards target each month and year
- Responsible for working through large data sets to help maintain and create tools for the entire IBP team to enable transparency and more efficient planning
- Provide project support as needed across portfolio, specific focus on artwork update projects when needed to minimize obsolete packaging risk and ensure no disruptions to supply
- Support both domestic production and imported supply planning as needed
- Assessing shortage issues and developing analysis to share with leadership to help drive the right business choices
- Provide customer specific support by managing warehouse-within-a-warehouse and replenishment programs for critical strategic customers
- Support strategic projects related to planning and sourcing
- Maintain a high fill rate for all customer orders and on-time delivery based on the customers requested arrival date
- Identify and implement ways to reduce waste and optimize the supply chain network thru accountability
- Communicate supply updates to cross functional teams
- Partner with logistics on replenishment order movements between distribution centers to minimize spend
- Perform root cause analysis on replenishment costing to drive action to reduce future spend
- Achieve continuous improvement objectives
Skills & Competencies
- 3-5 years in planning, distribution, and/or logistics, preferably in CPG industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Supply Chain preferred
- Excellent communication skills, team member can work collaboratively with colleagues across all functions
- Experience working with hierarchy
- Excellent analytical, presentation and writing skills
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, communicate, usually through talking, hearing, writing and typing. Employee should be able to operate standard office equipment, i.e., telephones, computers, facsimile and copier. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, and move or lift to 35 lbs. The employee regularly works in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with a moderate degree of noise.
The employee is required to comply with all company policies, rules and directives, including safe work practices.
- Collaborative – works well with diverse workforce; communicates professionally with associates and leaders
- Responsible – punctual, proactively communicates status of issues and projects
- Humble – eager to learn new skills, asks for assistance when needed
- Passionate – has a support-mindset; committed to be the best
- Respectful – exhibits behaviors of caring, compassion, honesty, integrity, and fairness
- Innovative — constantly looks for ways to be more efficient and productive; Committed to continuous improvement
A career at Thai Union is a unique experience to grow as a professional and as a person. You will join a global fast-growing, innovative, and entrepreneurial organization deeply committed to its people, its community, and the environment.
Every single one of our employees matter. We are always listening and giving our talent opportunities to grow, develop, and implement new ideas to make a difference. Our focus on corporate social responsibility and sustainability in a creative and dynamic environment, combined with great opportunities to lead progress, is a guarantee you will quickly develop your professional skills within a diverse & inclusive human-centered organization.
Thai Union is committed to providing equality of opportunity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to help support your application, please let us know.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females,Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.