Account Sales Manager, East (Pittsburgh, Grand Rapids, or Cincinnati)
East Coast - Remote
The Account Manager East Area will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive business plans that deliver profitable growth for Chicken of The Sea at Meijer, Giant Eagle, Weis and Marc Glassman. The Account Manager will collaborate with key broker contacts to build quarterly / annual business plan that deliver customer and Chicken of The Sea financial goals. The Account Manager will also work with the Broker to build and maintain industry leading customer relationships. The Account Manager East Area will provide Chicken Of The Sea with a succession plan for future Business Development Managers within the organization.
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with our customers and brokers
- Create and execute quarterly / annual business plans that meet / exceed COSI and customer financial objectives
- Utilize revenue management principles to enhance our pricing and merchandising programs
- Leverage consumer insights to improve our distribution and shelving presence
- Communicates new regulatory requirements and industry actions to company management and makes recommendations for policy, procedure or specification improvements
- Develops strategic plans for continuous quality improvements and maintenance of current quality standards
- Customers - Meet with trade customers to sell COSI Shelf Stable Seafood products, pricing, merchandising, distribution and shelving programs
- Field Sales - Work with Field Sales Team to develop and execute business plans that meet or exceed our financial targets
- Brokers - Direct brokers to build / execute robust business plans and customer relationships
- Forecast - Provide accurate monthly production and sales forecast
- Marketing - Work with Marketing to develop shopper marketing programs across existing and new items in portfolio
- Coordination - Work within COSI supply chain to coordinate case production, scheduling product production, providing samples to Sales Team, Brokers and Customers
- Finance and Trade Marketing - Align with Finance and Trade Teams for quarterly pricing plans and the profitability analysis
- Works through a Matrix Organization to provide business plans to customers
- Direct Report – Reports to the Associate Director of Sales & Business Development
- Director Sales Planning - Pricing and Strategy
- Trade Marketing Managers - Pricing and Strategy
- Business Development Managers - Guidance, pricing and strategy
- Brokers – Collaborate to build business plans and manage customers
- Customer Service/Supply Chain - Provide forecast and ensure flawless product delivery Marketing Team – Develop best in class shopper marketing programs on new / existing products
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor degree required
- Understanding of customer management process
- Working knowledge of Nielsen or IRI software and syndicated data analysis.
- BA/BS Required
- Five years consumer goods trade marketing/sales/sales planning experience in a major organization (package goods) is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Formal presentation skills
- Strong organization and planning as it relates to forecasting and production
- Persuasiveness: pro-activity and foresight to point out opportunities and risks to the business
- Proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint Microsoft applications.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to deliver positive results in a team working environment with a diverse group of internal and external customers
- Must be able to sit and or stand in a normal office setting for long periods of time. Able to work on a computer for extended periods of time (8+ hours)
To apply, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.