Sr. Analyst, Group Fish Supply Operations (HF-0907)
El Segundo, California
Apply mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to gather, consolidate and analyze data related to the global seafood processing company’s fish raw material sourcing activity and strategy for various species of Tuna, Salmon, Sardine and Mackerel.
- Compose comprehensive analyst reports on global fish market intelligence and interpret fish price forecasts to assist the company’s global leadership team in support of the company’s global operation strategy, sales negotiation, financial analysis and budgetary planning.
- Work alongside procurement directors from the company’s US, Europe and Asia divisions to consolidate global fishing fleets’ catching conditions.
- Track fish market transaction price and volume at key landing ports and production hubs; consolidate the company’s global raw material inventory level and consumption requirements across subsidiaries worldwide to drive synergy and help the company leverage combined negotiating power.
- Conduct research and analysis based on internal data and develop statistical forecasting models on global fish price, including relating constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, conflicting objectives, and their numerical parameters.
- Perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy and reformulate models as necessary.
- Present the results of mathematical modeling and data analysis to management.
- Analyze information obtained from management to conceptualize and define operational problems.
- Monitor fishery regulations and sustainability resolutions set by the Regional Fishery Management Organizations and other government organizations to study and analyze information about alternative courses of action to determine which plan will offer the best outcomes.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Analytics, Information Systems or a related field.
- Two years of experience in the job offered defined as procurement analytics.
- Work experience to include two years of experience with all the skills listed below:
- Position requires 20% of international travel; expenses paid by employer.
1. Global Tuna and Salmon raw material sourcing and procurement.
2. Analyzing data on global seafood processing and canning operations.
3. Building financial and forecasting models utilizing MS Excel formulas and functions.
4. Building board level presentations and creating analytics reports for management using Microsoft PowerPoint.
5. Utilizing Think-Cell software to create graphs and charts to visualize data analysis.
6. Working with Oracle OBIEE and EBS information and database systems, including data extraction, report creation, and analyzing and building dashboards.
7. Working with at least two information and database systems, including running analysis and reports across different information systems.
8. Using quantitative, analytical and statistical methods to analyze seafood price history and develop seafood price forecasting models.
9. Working with seafood suppliers from Asia and South America.
Any and all experience can be gained concurrently.
Interested candidates must mail resumes with Job Ref # HF-0907 to: Tri-Union Seafoods LLC dba Chicken of the Sea International, Attn: HR, Job # HF-0907, 2150 E. Grand Avenue, El Segundo, CA 90245.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.