Business Development Manager, Special Markets/Private Label
El Segundo, California
The Business Development Manager, Special Markets/Private Label will be responsible for managing a current customer base as well as developing new customers and business opportunities within specific classes of trade. This position reports to Director of Sales & Business Development.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Key customer business management and sales development of branded and private label shelf stable products
- Manage and build profitable volume/mix with both existing and new customers maximizing ROI
- Effective and results oriented professional sales management of direct selling accounts as well as account management through a distributor network
- Co-develop product / pricing initiatives that deliver strategic category leadership
- Analysis and business application of internal sales data as well as external syndicated data in daily business management identifying market / sales opportunities and trends
- Accurate item level sales forecasting monthly / annually
- Effective communication with internal team members as well as customers
- This position travels a minimum of 50% or the time.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5-7 years sales management experience with a proven track record of success with a consumer-packaged company. (food preferred)
- Experience managing and selling private label products.
- Strategic thinking, problem solving, strong presentation, and negotiation skills, balanced with excellent customer management skills
- P&L responsibility / understanding including trade management strategies / implementation
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively with diverse group of internal and external customers
- Competent in Excel, Word and Power Point Microsoft applications
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- BA/BS Required
Submit a copy of your resume to: Kevin Klein at email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.