Category Management & Development Manager
El Segundo, California
The Category Management Manager will work closely with Retail Sales, Sales Planning, Trade Marketing and Brand Marketing to develop best in class category insights/reviews across key customers.
Manager - Category Management & Development
Location: El Segundo, CA
• Provide strategic consultation and thought leadership to Sales, Marketing and Key customers on the identification of business opportunities
• Manage category analytics and consumer insight work against identified strategic customers
• Must be collaborative and able to work cross-functionally to manage the development of best in class category and shopper insights
• Lead in implementing category management best practice presentations including each component of the MAPS fundamentals
• This position also serves as the objective adviser to our retailer customers on behalf of the categories in which Chicken of the Sea competes
• This position will be able to interpret information and translate into actionable insights for the shopper and the customer
• Be an active contributor and collaborative partner with sales, sales planning, trade & brand marketing
• This role requires a creative person who is able to constantly adapt to shifting priorities, lead in the face of uncertainty, pull multiple pieces of data together to create a selling story, highlight insights for the team.
• Five years’ experience in consumer goods trade marketing/sales/category/shopper insights experience in a major organization (packaged goods) is required.
• Skilled in identifying relevant information sources to explore shopper, customer and category business opportunities, and in drawing upon these various information sources to develop compelling communications that enable Chicken of the Sea to execute against business opportunities
• High level of proficiency using Nielsen, IRI software and syndicated data analysis
• Working knowledge of consumer panel, Spectra, and market research principles
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven analytical, communication, organizational and planning skills
• Persuasiveness: pro-activity and foresight to point out opportunities and risks to the business
• High level of proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
• Comfortable traveling to work with customers throughout the country
• Ability to deliver positive results in a team environment with a diverse group of internal and external customers
• BA/BS Required
Submit a copy of your resume to: Kevin Klein at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.