Director of Finance
New Brunswick, Canada
To plan, implement, manage and control all financial related activities of the company. This includes direct responsibility for accounting, finance, budgeting and financing. Partner with CEO to ensure the company meets short-term and long-term objectives.
- Partner with CEO to ensure the company meets its corporate objectives and performs as planned.
- Provide management team with advice on the financial implications of business activities
- Set up financial tools and process to monitor business activities including production, product costing, inventory management, etc.
- Regularly inform CEO, board of directors and COSFF finance team on the company’s financial performance and incompliance to TU’s policies and guidelines
- Oversee and manage finance and accounting functions of TUCa and C.H Rich. Direct and supervise accounting staff.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements, budget and reforecast accurately and timely
- Perform financial analysis. Review and analyze material variances in financial statements from historical financial information and budget.
- Monitor the level of adherence to a set budget.
- Prepares and maintains accounting policies and procedures to ensure adequate and proper internal controls over financial reporting which are consistent with Thai Union’s policies and regulatory agencies requirements.
- Ensure AR functions including credit review, collection and deduction are managed effectively and timely. Ensure credit risks are closely managed and mitigated.
- Manage the company’s federal, states, excise, property tax filings, etc. to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Safeguard the company’s assets.
- Ensure inventory are valued correctly and inventory control is effective.
- Monitor capital expenditure spending and adhere to approved CAPEX
- Set up financing and cash management procedures to ensure the company has sufficient fund
- Manage ongoing banking relationships and ensure the company is in compliance with lender requirement.
- Oversee the annual insurance renewal process and ensure appropriate coverage is maintained at all times.
- Ensure operational and financial controls/reports are in place to monitor business activities including production, product costing, inventory management, etc.
- Direct generation of reports to present to the Board of Directors, annual budgeting and planning process for the organization
- Collaborate and coordinate activities with financial providers contracted by the company. This includes working with auditors, bankers, insurance agency, financial consultants, tax advisory, etc.
- Financial statements are presented accurately and timely.
- Effective internal controls are in place.
- Credit risks are effectively managed.
- FX risks are mitigated and aligned with TU’s guidelines
- Adequate funding is in place and appropriate financing policies are aligned with Thai Union Group’s guidelines.
- CEO and board of directors are regularly informed on financial health of the company and projected performance.
- Drive and strive the company performance to meet short-term and long-term financial objectives.
- The company’s assets are safeguarded
- Adherence to financial reporting guidelines and policies
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in finance or accounting.
- 7 years experiences in accounting or finance areas with 3 years experience in managerial role.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Articulate communicator and ability to interpret and explain written and statistical data to a wide range of audiences
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills
- Ability to influence and persuade senior management level
- Ability to convey difficult and challenging information to managers and employees
- Attention to detail
- An analytical mind
- High level of integrity with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Good computer knowledge: internet, excel , word processors, power point
- Good organization and prioritization
- Industry knowledge
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit for prolonged periods of time; stand and walk; and talk and hear.
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience. Prior experience in consumer affairs, public relations, or similar field. Excellent written/verbal communication skills. Good judgment; ability to react quickly by telephone and deal with the public in a professional, patient, and friendly manner. Good computer skills.
Desirable Knowledge/Skills & Experience:
Course work, seminars, or equivalent training in food industry quality control procedures and seafood sensory evaluation. Knowledge of Chicken of the Sea International-type products and consumer-related development and trends.
For more information or to apply, please contact email@example.com.