Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager
Lyons, Georgia - Canning Operation
This position will provide full time environmental health and safety support to the Lyons canning operations and US Pet Nutrition and will ensure that all practices are in compliance with regulatory requirements. The position will be responsible for coordinating regulatory programs, including waste water and zoning permitting applications.
- Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company.
- Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee / supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach;
- Responsible for assisting in the identification of possible losses; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure; developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness.
- Ensure that contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with COS policies and safety requirements.
- Maintain and update as needed SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day to day training.
- Provide advice, assist, and audit line management to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and working.
- Perform and contribute to the Site Training Plans by conducting employee orientations; emergency
- Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies minimized and corrected.
- Coordinate with General Manager on facility deficiencies and monthly safety inspections;
- Maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements;
- Assist with maintaining the Site Preparedness and Emergency Plans & Procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating regulatory programs and its applications and help support the compliance process.
- Accountable for researching and writing permit applications and work with environmental group and be compliant in completing permit reporting requirements.
- Review accidents and incidents which occur and conduct field audits and incident investigations, reporting and managing the corrective actions.
- Maintain filing systems regarding worker training and safety;
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies and chair or co-chair and lead the facility Safety Committee.
- Manage Risk Assessments and the process and regularly conduct training needs analysis.
- Lead the Emergency Response Team and comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- OSHA Certification required
- 3-5 Years industrial health and safety in manufacturing environment, preferably food manufacturing
- Safety champion in building a safety culture, including driving positive behavioral change
- Experience in industrial hygiene and environmental compliance.
- Prefer experience with Waste Water process and Land Applications System.
Submit a copy of your resume to: Kevin Klein at email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.