Finance & Sales Analyst, Food Service
El Segundo, California
This position oversees the reporting and analysis of financial and sales information for the Foodservice division. The person in this position will lead development of P&L’s, sales reporting, analysis and communication, trade planning and trade system updates, and pricing updates. The position requires close collaboration with Finance, Supply Chain, Accounting, Customer Service, IT, Purchasing, Field-based Sales team and Broker network. The position will also be responsible for other key tasks including; business reviews, bid requests, price requests, cost analysis, deduction reconciliation, rebate administration and various ad hoc needs.
- Administer and update the master P&L, COGS, pricing guidelines, trade plans, and price lists and communicate quarterly changes and other changes as needed
- Create scheduled and ad hoc reports, perform analysis (both P&L/Financial and Sales/Volume analysis), create regular business reviews
- Perform financial analysis to enable competitive bids/pricing, customer and category profitability
- Prepare sales analysis and develop insights that add value to the information, beyond the measure of differences (variances), explaining openly what happened and providing the actual sources of the differences/disputes
- Challenge the information provided from systems, internal and external sources to ensure consistency, reliability, integrity, and ability to analyze and explain the information
- Lead the trade promotion and forecast management process and Oracle tools (PTP, Demantra, IBIEE) and optimize reporting and programming
- Provide leadership and support for all Oracle related needs including report development, sales report integration and insight communication
- Aid in reconciliation and management of deductions and rebates
- Support maintenance of direct/indirect accounts in PTP
- Support key account programs that require reporting and analysis
- Primary lead in field support (internal sales and brokers)
- Conduct deduction management training for field sales and brokers
- Manage special projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Marketing or related major from an accredited four-year college or university
- MBA a plus
- Minimum 3 years working for a Manufacturer, Broker, or Distributor in a Financial Analyst, Sales Analysis, or Trade/Sales Planning position in a Business-to-Business or Business-to-Consumer environment
- Minimum 2 years working with an ERP (Oracle or SAP) based reporting system
- Strong Financial acumen
- Strong Analytical capability
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including writing formulas and creating pivot tables
- High-level of Written and Verbal Communication skills Foodservice experience
Work Requirements & Conditions
- Must be able to sit and or stand in a normal office setting for long periods of time.
- Able to work on a computer for extended periods of time (8+ hours).
Submit a copy of your resume to: Kevin Klein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.