Inbound Logistics Administrator at Chicken of the Sea Frozen Foods
El Segundo, California
Primary duty is to arrange, monitor and ensure timely delivery of frozen and refrigerated seafood cargo from country of origin to the U.S. or other markets, as needed. Using knowledge of U.S. Customs and FDA regulations ensures that shipments pass through U.S. Customs and complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulations. This involves constant planning, monitoring, analyzing, prioritizing, and the ability to think quickly, and exercise good business judgment to handle problems as they arise. This position operates independently, with minimal general supervision, and regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment.
- Shares responsibility with West Coast Traffic Coordinator for ensuring that all shipments of product from international locations are properly cleared through Customs and FDA.
- Monitors and maintains records on all international shipments, including all U.S. Customs and FDA entry documents.
- Arranges for and monitors the re exportation or destruction of FDA rejected product.
- Selects custom brokers, as needed, to handle special situations.
- Analyzes problem situations and decides on course of action to resolve.
- Works with various Port Authorities to ensure security and efficient cargo flow.
- Updates shipment information in ABS to ensure the most accurate ETD and ETAs are communicated.
- Other duties as may be assigned at the discretion of management
- Familiarity with Canadian Customs and Canadian food inspection agency.
- Knowledge of U.S. Customs laws, regulations and USFDA guidelines.
- Familiarity with FMC regulations.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, multi-task, and use time effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively with government agencies, shippers, custom brokers, warehouse personnel, truckers and others.
- Reliable attendance.
- Ability to work independently to solve problems, use good business judgment, take initiative.
- Demonstrate attention to detail. Keep accurate and complete records.
- Ability to read and interpret complex written information and follow directions.
- Experience with regulatory filings.
- Experience with export/import transportation
- Friendly customer service, maintain professionalism under pressure.
Associate Art (AA) degree, minimum required. Baccalaureate (BA or BS) degree, preferred. Minimum of 1-3 years of job-related experience normally required.
Submit a copy of your resume to: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.