Accounts Payable Manager
El Segundo, California
The accounts payable manager is responsible for managing the organization’s accounts payable process in a professional and knowledgeable manner. This position directs and oversees the daily management of the accounts payable staff and processes associated with the payment of invoices, ensuring the accuracy of the entire process as it relates to vendor payments, storage and brokerage accruals, foreign currency conversion, three-way match of product procurement invoices, legal and various other types of invoices. The accounts payable manager will be in constant communication with internal and external customers.
- This position is responsible for overseeing and managing the accounts payable functions of 3 entities, Chicken of the Sea Frozen Products, Chicken of the Sea International and US Pet.
- The AP Manager will lead a team of 3, Accounts Payable Assistant, Accounts Payable Accountant and Senior Accounts Payable Accountant.
- Lead and direct the work of accounts payable staff
- Maintain accurate records
- Ensure timely payment of all invoices
- Support month-end close by ensuring AP close is complete and accurate
- Establish policies and procedures to ensure integrity of output
- Assist with audits
- Provide research support for accounting and other departments
- Streamline processes to improve accuracy and productivity
- Lead and guide AP staff with system conversion
- Year-end 1099 processing
- Review applicable AP register for accuracy
- Oversee weekly check runs, posting of wires
- Research invoices
- Ensure all payments and AP tasks are done in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Bachelors degree in Business, Logistics, or related field
- 5-7 years of finished goods forecasting/demand planning/S&OP experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functionally with multiple departments to strive for common goals
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills. Communicates effectively and interacts professionally with co-workers and management.
- Take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision while exercising good business judgment.
- Ability to deal with complexity and manage ambiguity.
- Must possess strong analytical skills along with intermediate to advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
This individual will be expected to manage the accounts payable function for the aforementioned entities and lead the AP team to ensure
- All invoices are processed accurately and timely
- Data integrity
- Adherence to accounting month-end closing calendar
- Workflow processes are conducive to improved efficiencies
This person will be assessed through his/ her capacity to:
- Successfully meet month-end closing of AP
- Manage and control freight, storage, customs broker accrual write-offs
- Payments are processed in accordance with accounting principles
- Work experience in a CPG Food Company
- Critical Thinking - using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Attention to detail, and aptitude for a high level of accuracy
Submit a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.