Internal Audit Manager
El Segundo, California
The Internal Audit Manager is responsible for designing and establishing an internal audit function for Thai Union North America and its operating companies (“TUNA”). The main purposes are to evaluate and examine the adequacy and effectiveness of the group ’s governance, internal control and risk management. This manager will add value and optimize our operations through systematic and disciplined internal control assessment along with a solution-driven recommendation.
With the newly created audit function, the manager will initially partner with senior leadership team to design and develop a risk-based internal audit framework. This person will independently evaluate internal controls and compliance with established policies, procedures and regulations across finance, sales, IT and operations. It’s critical that the manager proactively recommend value-added and practical improvements to mitigate risks and drive efficiency and effectiveness of operations. He or she will partner with business leaders across company and functions in this region to develop a tactical plan and drive impactful changes in policies and procedures to mitigate company’s risks and safeguard the group’s assets. The ultimate goal is to drive regional alignments of effective policies and procedures in North America entities.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive risk-based audit program for each operating company to maximize the group’s performance and control as well as mitigating risks.
- Apply industry knowledge and technical expertise in the internal audit assessment and recommendation.
- Ensure that the internal audit framework is aligned with the U.S audit committee’s direction.
- Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control with existing policies and procedures within departments across each company.
- Regularly report audit findings to the committee and management team in relevant operating companies. Provide practical development plans to eliminate control deficiencies and maximize operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Drive best practices and regional alignment in policies and procedures for TUNA.
- Partner with department heads to implement changes and monitor progress to ensure the corrective action plans are adhered and implemented effectively.
- Serve as an advisory for TUNA’s senior leadership team on compliance, risk management and internal control practices.
- Lead ongoing efforts to educate leadership team and employees on the importance and role of internal audit to the long-term success of TUNA.
- Promote and establish strong, positive and productive working relationships within the organization by collaborating effectively across multiple departments.
- Carry Thai Union Group’s 6 values; Responsible, Humble, Respectful, Collaborative, Passionate and Innovative.
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- Excellent and effective communication skills (written and oral) -listen attentively and communicate effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization and facilitate the implementation of corrective action.
- Excellent presentation skills in order to present reports that reflect audit’s results and document the process.
- High standard of ethics discipline and professionalism.
- Willingness to maintain open communication with management and audit committee.
- Ability to adapt with changes, work effectively in a fast-paced environment and stressful situations
- Strong problem and analytical skills and able to provide practical solutions.
- Knowledge of IT application and general ERP system controls.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, Word and Power Point
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong business acumen, project management skills, and in-depth knowledge of GAAP.
Education and Experience:
Apply via email to COS.email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.