Engineering & Maintenance Manager
Lyons, Georgia - Canning Operation
The Engineering Maintenance Manager position reports directly to the General Manager of the company. It also requires interaction with VP Operations as need basis. Focus on the increasing efficiency of the production/machinery. Provide engineering support to drive process and equipment improvements and give technical oversights for the development of standardize work. Manage maintenance of production equipment and machinery. Provide technical support where necessary. Prepare and control maintenance operational budget. Ensure safety regulations adherence.
- Maintained competent staff in compliance with Company policies regarding personnel action/development, including the EEO policy.
- Identify and communicate objectives and expectations to staff.
- Develop and provide training to staff with the use of tools like work instructions.
- Monitor and implement initiatives for improve efficiencies and yields.
- Review monthly expenses and labor cost against budget and provide explanations/corrective for overruns.
- Follow up on unsafe conditions identify during inspections or by subordinates and approve action plans
- Review Maintenance Connection packing room and label and case to ensure full utilization of the system.
- Assist in the coordination of preventive maintenance and overhaul of equipment in coordination with maintenance manager.
- Monitor downtime and prepare action plans to address the top three reasons identified.
- Keep track of department’s metrics such as recovery, OEE, downtime and present plans to out of targets trends.
- Provide supervision and guidance and coaching to all direct reports and their staff.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Provide engineering support for improving and troubleshooting process and equipment issues with both manufacturing and packaging processes.
- Provide technical oversight in the development of standardized work and process specifications.
- Improve the flow of products and materials by decreasing cycle times and eliminating bottlenecks. Conduct optimization and capacity analysis to drive improvement projects and support new business.
- Perform any other task as assigned or directed by your immediate Supervisor.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a progressive management environment
- Bachelor’s in engineering or equivalent technical experience.
- Able to communicate with senior members of the company.
- Familiar with company Standard Operating Procedures
- Direct practice and implementation of TPM and Lean Manufacturing
- Skilled in Root Cause and Preventive Action problem solving and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated ability lead effectively and achieve results.
- Prefer retortable and/or shelf stable packaging experience
- Able to communicate and written effectively in English.