Lyons, Georgia - Canning Operation
Achieve desired employee safety, fish yields, packaging and ingredient and packaging wastage control, quality, sanitation and food safety standards while achieving budgeted costs for (Freezer), Thaw, Pack, Retort and Label and Case departments. Ensure a safe and secure working environment.
- Maintain competent staff in compliance with Company policies regarding personnel action/development, specifically including the EEO Policy.
- Prepare hiring, terminations or other personnel recommendations, including goal setting, action planning, discipline, etc. with approval from Supervisor and H.R. Identify and communicate objectives/expectations to staff.
- Provide trainings
- Monitor performance, provide feedback, and develop action plan for improvement.
- Keep supervisor appraised of progress/questions.
- JTAs, Job descriptions, and Performance Evaluations.
- Daily yield reports. SOP reports. Daily Loin schedule reports. Ensure Operation is Audit Ready Every day.
- Achieve compliance with SOP through monitoring and development of action plans for critical points under 85%.
- Compliance to established loin schedule. Compliance with BRC procedures. Daily monitoring of fish wastage and fill weights
- Approve manning recommendation and fill open positions to meet production requirements.
- Research cost overruns, develop and implement approved action plans to correct. Identify cost saving opportunities and implement approved action plans to achieve.
- Implement action plans and develop root cause analysis to reduce and control rework incidents and inventory.
- Cost center reports, Daily KPI and Scorecards, OEE, FHFP
- Daily accounting inventory report, CCI.
- Degree in Engineering, Food Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years Food Processing experience at a manager or supervisor level.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Familiarity with Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Management/supervisory skills training
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma applications
- Better Process Control School
- Organoleptic training
Submit a copy of your resume to: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females,
Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.