El Segundo, California
The staff accountant is responsible for processing financial data in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and IFRS. This position will process month-end close journal entries, will assist the Accounting/Tax Manager with special projects, serve as back-up for various accounts payable activities, record cash activity, prepare account reconciliations and assist during audits. The staff accountant will protect the organization’s integrity by maintaining company, product and customer information confidential.
- This position will support the senior accounting staff of 3 entities, Chicken of the Sea Frozen Products, Chicken of the Sea International and US Pet.
- The staff accountant will record transactions and perform analytical work and thorough review of financial records according to GAAP and IFRS.
- Compliance with applicable standards
- Data integrity
- Adherence to accounting month-end closing calendar
This individual will be expected to process and report data accurately and ensure
This person will be assessed through his/ her capacity to:
- Successfully meet month-end close with accuracy
- Maintain assigned GL accounts analyzed and reconciled at all times
Address all audit inquiries in a timely manner
- Prepare journal entries
- Assist with financial audits
- Reconcile and balance general ledger accounts
- Research and correct account discrepancies
- Prepare audit supporting schedules
- Record daily cash receipts, wire transfers and loan activity
- Download and update cleared check files from B of A for Both COSI AND USPN
- Update and maintain ACH payment files (AP) for both COSI and USPN
- Upload journal entries to record spending on company credit cards (Procards)
- Vendor set-up and maintenance in Oracle
- Back-up for AP for wire transactions (review batches and match back-up)
- Interact and provide accounting support and guidance to other departments
- Coordinate Intercompany wires between AP and Procurement
- Follow company’s established accounting processes
- Analyze data by developing spreadsheet reports
- Reliable attendance
- Ability to read and interpret standard accounting and business documents
- Maintains confidentiality and security of sensitive company information.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Works well and communicates effectively with others.
- Detail oriented
- Works independently under general supervision, uses initiative and good business judgment.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, multi-task and use time effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret written information, and follow instructions.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, and aptitude for a high level of accuracy
- Team player and collaborative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- SAP/Oracle knowledge a plus
- Manufacturing experience a plus
Submit a copy of your resume to: email@example.com.