El Segundo, California
This position plays a multi-faceted role for Operations. It is responsible for obtaining all paperwork related to purchase orders to comply with Department’s policies and procedures also regulations imposed by the Bioterrorism Act of 2002 and all other International regulations pertaining to international seafood trade and imports. This person ensures that company have the most accurate shipment information available for all departments also coordinates payments between our vendors and COSFF Treasury department and provides proof of payment.
- Creates purchase orders of corresponding vendors/suppliers as assigned
- Maintains and updates purchasing data, shipment information and import documents
- Coordinates with Treasury to ensure that payment is made correctly based on payment terms and other requirements
- Consolidates information and coordinates payment requests with Accounting for expenses related to import shipments
- Assists and maintains information COSFF web portal
- Reviews incoming documents
- Maintains good relationship with suppliers and inside customers
- Assists purchasing managers as requested
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Reliable attendance
- Ability to read and interpret standard accounting and business documents
- Maintains confidentiality and security of sensitive company information.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Works well and communicates effectively with others.
- Detail oriented
- Works independently under general supervision, uses initiative and good business judgment.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, multi-task and use time effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret written information, and follow instructions.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of PC based desk top computers and server-based networks.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of AB Solution Network software or another network software.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- BA degree or High school diploma, at a minimum. Associate degree in accounting or related field, preferred.
- In addition, at least two years (2) of job-related experience is normally required to perform this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, communicate, normally by talking, listening, writing and typing, move around the office, usually by standing and walking, reach with arms and hands. Moreover, the employee is required to operate telephones, computers and other standard office equipment. Employee may, on occasion, be required to lift up to 35 lbs.
The employee is required to occasionally travel overnight and/or long distances by car, plane, or other transportation.
The employee is required to comply with all company policies, rules and directives, including safe work practices.
Submit a copy of your resume to: Kevin Klein at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.