Purchasing Assistant at Chicken of the Sea Frozen Foods
El Segundo, California
This position plays a multi-faceted role for Operations, Procurement & Tech. Services. It is responsible for obtaining all paperwork related to purchase orders to comply with Department’s policies and procedures also regulations imposed by the Bioterrorism Act of 2002 and all other International regulations pertaining to international seafood trade and imports. This person ensures that company have the most accurate shipment information available for all departments also coordinates payments between our vendors and COSFF Treasury department and provides proof of payment.
- Creates purchase orders of corresponding vendors/suppliers
- Maintains and updates purchasing data, shipment information and import documents
- Coordinates with Treasury to ensure that payment is made correctly based on payment terms and other requirements
- Consolidates information and coordinates payment requests with Accounting for expenses related to import shipments
- Assists and maintains information COSFF web portal
- Maintains good relationship with suppliers and COSFF
- Assists Purchasing supervisor and Purchasing managers as requested
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Reliable attendance
- Ability to read and interpret standard accounting and business documents
- Maintains confidentiality and security of sensitive company information.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Works well and communicates effectively with others.
- Detail oriented
- Works independently under general supervision, uses initiative and good business judgment.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, multi-task and use time effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret written information, and follow instructions.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred but not required.
BA degree or High school diploma, at a minimum. Associate degree in accounting or related field, preferred. In addition, at least three years (3) of job-related experience is normally required to perform this job.
Submit a copy of your resume to: email@example.com.