Supply Planning Manager
El Segundo, California
The Supply Planning Manager is a part of the Integrated Business Planning team and is responsible for the End to End (E2E) planning and optimization of our portfolio of “Buy” SKUs. This role interacts closely with our manufacturer in Thailand, Poland and other international sites as well as procurement to ensure the right products are available at the right time across our DC network.
- Owns the Thai Union Manufacturing production plan to support service goals
- Oversee the purchasing and development of procurement strategies for the acquisition of finished goods, for the benefit of Chicken of the Sea International (raw materials handled by global procurement team).
- Responsible for achieving business objectives including delivery, product growth, and product diversity.
- Establish and maintain direct customer relationships for a product line with Co-Op suppliers
- Manages Distribution Requirements Planner to ensure FGs are at the right locations while working to drive down costs associated with movement of product
- Establish and maintain cost competitiveness versus domestic and international suppliers
- Lead projects to identify, research, and execute cost savings, recommend product improvements, and support new product opportunities
- Owns CFR, inventory targets and non-performing inventory
- Conduct business analyses, recommend solutions, and implement initiatives
- Manage SKU’s from creation to rationalization
- Responsible for planning the supply chain and fulfilling orders for $200MM+ of the business.
- Establish and maintain working capital, case fill, and line fill objectives related to product availability
- Create and maintain statistical safety stock levels and system parameters to sustain profitable business.
- Manage the production planning process to achieve optimal resource allocation and cost containment
- Control the SLOB process
- Responsible for capacity planning and expansion/contraction as needed for one area of the business Assessing shortage issues and developing analysis to share with senior leadership to help drive the right business choices
- Maintain a high fill rate for all customer orders and on time delivery based on the customers requested arrival date
- Optimize Procurement strategies to minimize cost whilst maintaining service rates
- Optimize TUM finished goods planning and raw/pack supply to minimize cost whilst maintaining service rates
- Execute traceability and additional sustainability programs as developed
- Look for ways to reduce waste and optimize the supply chain network thru accountability and instilling a continuous improvement mindset within the department
- Provide strong leadership and accountability at all levels within the organization
- Implement inventory strategies to ensure proper product handling (i.e. FIFO rotation, expiration date tracking, days on hand, etc.)
- Lead the delivery of year on year inventory reductions in raw, pack and finished goods for scope of role
- Achieve continuous improvement objectives Effective development and communication of strategies and overall performance metrics.
- 5+ years in planning, distribution, and/or logistics, preferably in CPG industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Supply Chain
- Excellent communication skills, team member can work collaboratively with colleagues across all functions
- Experience working with hierarchy
- Global business experience a plus
- Excellent analytical, presentation and writing skills
- Proven leadership skills including experience building high performing teams
Submit a copy of your resume to: Kevin Klein at email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.