El Segundo, California
This position will play a key role in assisting the accounting assistant manager in the preparation of financial reports and month end closing. Responsibilities for this role include reconciliations of various GL accounts and preparation of supporting work papers. Daily tasks for this position entail review of GL postings, tax filings and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The staff accountant should perform supporting duties such as process expense reports for reimbursement and assist in other areas of accounting as needed. In addition, the staff accountant will verify if transactions comply with financial policies and procedures and during month end will prepare and reconcile assigned general ledger accounts.
- Assist in month-end closing by preparing financial data and supporting schedules including inventory, other assets, fixed assets, etc.
- Responsible for preparation of work papers and reconciliations to the general ledger as assigned.
- Prepare applicable journal entries.
- Perform monthly expense analysis and identify and generate journal entry for any unrecorded expenses incurred in the reporting period being closed.
- Assist in providing financial information to external auditor, tax advisor and parent company.
- Prepare miscellaneous tax filings and tax documents as assigned.
- Verify and process vendor/warehouse invoices for accuracy, proper procedure and completeness.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- BA or BS with accounting major preferred
- 2-3 years experience working in accounting with at least 1 year in GL
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Works independently under general supervision
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze financial information
- Ability to multi-task, plan, organize, prioritize and use time effectively
- Advanced mathematical skills required
- Intermediate knowledge of ERP system
- Advanced Excel skills
- Able to interact well and communicate effectively with employees, management, and service providers
- Maintain confidentiality and security of sensitive company information
- Strong written communication skills
- Maintain accurate and complete records
- High performer with superior attention to detail
- Reliable attendance
- 1 plus year audit experience
- Prior experience in import and distribution of food products
To apply, please send resumes to email@example.com