- 2 (16 ounce) packages of orzo pasta
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, separated
- 6 bell peppers, two each of red, yellow and green
- 6 medium carrots
- 3 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper
- 20 oz Chicken of the Sea® Baby Clams
- 16 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of minced shallots
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp whole leaf oregano
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Add the pasta to boiling water. Cook according to package instructions.
- Drain. Add 1 tbsp olive oil. Place the orzo on a full sheet pan and set in cooler to chill (until completely cool or overnight).
- While orzo is chilling, clean and slice bell peppers, peel and julienne carrots, and mince garlic cloves.
- Mix vegetables together in a large stainless bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon of fresh cracked black pepper.
- Marinate medley for 15 minutes. Grill until tender. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, slice vegetables diagonally into half-inch pieces.
- Combine all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Drain baby clams.
- Fold together vegetable medley, dressing, baby clams and 16 ounces of feta cheese into the chilled orzo pasta. Stir gently.
Calories 650, Total Fat 25g, Saturated Fat 9g, Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 950mg, Carbohydrate 81g, Fiber 6g, Sugars 12g, Protein 24g, Vitamin A 210%, Vitamin C 160%, Calcium 25%, Iron 25%