- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 5 (6 oz.) cans Chicken of the Sea Lump Crab Meat
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Combine breadcrumbs and milk and let stand for one hour. Set aside.
- To the breadcrumb mixture, add all ingredients and fold together until mixed thoroughly.
- Drain the crabmeat. Gently fold the crab into bread crumb mixture. Be careful not to break up the larger pieces.
- Add about two cups of vegetable oil into straight-sided sauté pan over medium-low heat.
- Portion out nine 4-oz crab cakes, then gently coat each patty with breadcrumbs.
- Fry the patties for about five minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil, set on paper towel to absorb oil. Serve immediately.
Calories 290, Total Fat 14g, Saturated Fat 2.5g, Cholesterol 235mg, Sodium 1860mg, Carbohydrate 8g, Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g, Protein 30g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 20%, Iron 8%