- 30 oz Canned Chicken of the Sea® Pink Salmon, Skinless & Boneless
- 1/2 gal 2% milk
- 1 lb fresh Idaho potatoes, peeled and medium diced
- 1 tbsp Minor’s® Lobster Base
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 oz butter
- 1/2 cup diced shallots
- 2 cups celery
- 2 cups red pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup flour
- 8 oz Chicken of the Sea® Pink Salmon, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp minced fresh chives
- Combine 30 oz salmon, milk, potatoes, lobster base, and tomato paste. Simmer until potatoes are close to tender to make the stock.
- Separately, melt the butter with the next 6 ingredients and cook on medium heat until the shallots are translucent. Add sherry to deglaze the pot and reduce by 50%. Add the our and cook on low heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent browning.
- Once the potatoes are nearly cooked through, add hot stock in small batches, stirring constantly until smooth, bringing to a simmer after each addition. Allow the soup to simmer for 3 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through, stirring frequently. Puree in a blender.
- Portion 1 cup bisque into each bowl. Place 1⁄2 oz of flaked salmon in the center of the bowl. Top with 1 tbsp sour cream, then dust w/ minced chives.
Try this recipe for...
Try this recipe for: Room Service, Buffet, Traditional Tray Service, Retail/Cafe, Catering, Mechanical Soft Diet
Calories 260 Fat 11g Protein 18g Carbs 21g Sodium 750mg Sugar 9g