- 2 large ripe mangos, diced small to make about 2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup of toasted coconut
- 3/4 cup of small diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of small diced red onion
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup of small diced jalapeno
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 (5 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Pink Salmon, drained (about 24 oz)
- 1 cup cooked red potatoes, skin removed, diced into half-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup half-inch diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced cooked bacon with fat removed
- 1/2 cup red onion diced small
- 3/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 4 large eggs, whipped to a pale yellow color
- 2 cups breadcrumbs for coating the cakes
- Start by combining all the salsa ingredients and let chill overnight so the flavors blend.
- Once chilled, heat 2 cups of vegetable oil in a straight-sided sauté pan on medium high to 375°.
- Combine all Salmon Cake ingredients, except the breadcrumbs.
- Once mixed, portion twelve 3 oz patties on a sheet pan.
- Add 2 cups of bread crumbs to a hotel pan and gently bread both sides of the salmon cakes.
- Fry the cakes until golden brown on both sides. Drain and cool. Serve with the salsa.
Serving Size 189g; Calories 260; Total Fat 9g; Saturated Fat 3.5g; Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 90mg; Sodium 580mg; Total Carbohydrate 26g; Dietary Fiber 2g; Total Sugars 7g; Includes Added Sugars 0g; Protein 22g; Vitamin D 6% DV; Calcium 4% DV; Iron 6% DV; Potassium 8% DV