- 2 large ripe mangos, diced small to make about 2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup of toasted coconut
- 3/4 cup of small diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of small diced red onion
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup of small diced jalapeno
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 (5 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Pink Salmon, drained (about 24 oz)
- 1 cup cooked red potatoes, skin removed, diced into half-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup half-inch diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced cooked bacon with fat removed
- 1/2 cup red onion diced small
- 3/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 4 large eggs, whipped to a pale yellow color
- 2 cups breadcrumbs for coating the cakes
- Start by combining all the salsa ingredients and let chill overnight so the flavors blend.
- Once chilled, heat 2 cups of vegetable oil in a straight-sided sauté pan on medium high to 375°.
- Combine all Salmon Cake ingredients, except the breadcrumbs.
- Once mixed, portion twelve 3 oz patties on a sheet pan.
- Add 2 cups of bread crumbs to a hotel pan and gently bread both sides of the salmon cakes.
- Fry the cakes until golden brown on both sides. Drain and cool. Serve with the salsa.
Calories 310, Total Fat 17g, Saturated Fat 7g, Cholesterol 130mg, Sodium 1380mg, Carbohydrate 16g, Fiber 3g, Sugars 7g, Protein 25g, Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 8%, Iron 10%