- 3 c. bulgur
- 3 c. water
- 1/2 c. olive oil (first use)
- 3 c. yellow onion, minced
- 1 tbsp dried mint
- 64 oz canned Chicken of the Sea® Pink Salmon, Skinless & Boneless, drained
- 1 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 c. fresh parsley, minced
- 1 1/2 c. ground almonds
- 3 qt fresh bread crumbs
- 12 fresh eggs
- 1 1/2 c. olive oil (second use)
- 1 1/2 qt plain yogurt
- 6 English cucumbers, cut into 8 wedges each
- 6 fresh lemons, wedged
- In a large bowl, soak the bulgur in the water for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a sauté pan, add the onion and mint. Cook on low heat until onion is translucent. Set aside to cool.
- Add onion/mint mixture and the next 9 ingredients to the bulgur and mix well.
- Form kibbee into 11⁄4 oz ovals, tray, cover, and chill.
- At time of service, heat the olive oil on medium heat in a sauté pan.
- Place kibbee ovals into sauté pan and brown on each side until heated through.
- Garnish with yogurt, cucumbers, and lemon.
Try this recipe for...
Room Service, Buffet, Traditional Tray Service, Retail/Cafe, Catering, Mechanical Soft Diet (may omit cucumbers)
Calories 240; Total Fat 9g; Saturated Fat 1.5g; Cholesterol 95mg; Sodium 380mg; Carbohydrates 23g; Fiber 4g; Sugars 5g; Protein 18g