- 2 (4 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Medium Shrimp, drained with liquid reserved
- 2 (6 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Lump Crab, drained with liquid reserved
- 2 (10 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Whole Baby Clams, drained with liquid reserved
- 7 (5 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Pink Salmon, drained with liquid reserved
- 4 large eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup red onion, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 4 oz butter
- 4 oz flour
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup seafood liquid
- 2 cups milk
- 4 oz Chicken of the Sea® Tiny Shrimp
- Chopped tarragon and parsley to taste
- Keep drained shrimp and crab separated from one another, and set aside.
- Separate 4 large eggs, set yokes aside. Whip together egg whites to soft peaks.
- Drain salmon and place in large stainless bowl.
- Add clams, breadcrumbs, milk and egg yolks.
- Gently fold in onion, lemon zest, tarragon, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Once mixed, gently fold in whipped egg whites.
- Grease two 4x9 loaf pans or one 1/3 hotel pan with one tablespoon of butter.
- Start assembling each loaf: Layer 4 oz of shrimp in each loaf pan, followed by a layer of the salmon mixture (1/4 of total), followed by a layer of crab, topped with another layer of the salmon mixture.
- Place both loaves on a sheet pan and cook on center rack. Bake at 425 degrees for 60 to 90 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Begin checking at 60 minutes to avoid overcooking.
- Allow loaf to cool completely before slicing. The loaf can be served cold, warmed in the microwave, grilled or pan-fried.
- For the shrimp sauce: Combine butter and flour to make a roux. Cook until light blonde in color. Add sun-dried tomatoes and cook until soft. Reduce the flame and add seafood liquid; stir until thickened. Add milk and continue stirring until thickened again. Add tiny shrimp with the liquid. Stir in tarragon, parsley and salt to taste. Top slices of the loaf with the sauce.
Calories 250, Total Fat 10g, Saturated Fat 5g, Cholesterol 170mg, Sodium 1100mg, Carbohydrate 12g, Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g, Protein 25g, Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%