- 6 oz butter, unsalted
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 3 1/2 qt skim milk, hot
- 10 oz yellow American cheese, sliced
- 1 lb yellow sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 lb vegetable penne pasta (dry)
- 64 oz canned Chicken of the Sea® Pink Salmon, Skinless & Boneless, drained
- 1 1/2 c. fresh green onion, thin-sliced
- 1/4 c. butter, unsalted, melted
- 1 1/2 c. plain panko bread crumbs
- Melt butter in a heavy sauce pan. Add our and blend well to make a roux. Cook on low heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the milk in small batches, stirring constantly until smooth. Bring to a simmer after each addition. After all milk is added, allow sauce to simmer for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the cheese, stirring constantly until melted.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions; drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently combine the cheese sauce, cooked pasta, salmon, and green onions. Transfer mixture to 2” steam table pans or into individual casserole dishes.
- Combine melted butter and panko in a mixing bowl and dust over casse- roles.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 35 min., until casserole reaches 160°F and topping is golden brown.
Try this recipe for...
Room Service, Buffet, Traditional Tray Service, Retail/Cafe, Catering, Mechanical Soft Diet
Calories 360; Total Fat 16g; Saturated Fat 9g; Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 490mg; Carbohydrates 31g; Fiber 1g; Sugars 7g; Protein 24g