- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 6 tbsp butter, separated
- 1 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1 pound arborio rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup Pinot Grigio
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped whole leaf oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 5 large eggs
- 2 (5 oz) cans Genova Albacore Tuna, drained
- Start by making a risotto by simmering two quarts of chicken stock over medium heat.
- Add three tablespoons of butter into a large straight-sided sauté pan. Once butter begins to bubble, add onion. Allow the onion to sweat until soft (about 8 minutes).
- Add arborio rice and salt.
- Sauté the rice until hot. Add Pinot Grigio or your favorite white wine and continue stirring until the mixture is nearly dry.
- Add stock into the risotto while stirring. Continue to add stock one cup at a time and stir until all the liquid is absorbed.
- NOTE: Pour slowly, the process takes 20 to 30 minutes until a thick sauce develops and the rice gelatinizes and becomes al dente.
- Turn off the heat. Stir in three tablespoons of butter, Parmesan cheese, oregano and lemon zest.
- Season with pepper and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Cover the risotto and allow to cool completely. Chill overnight (if possible).
- Once risotto has cooled, start creating the arancini. Get 3 medium-sized stainless bowls and proceed as follows.
- Place breadcrumbs into one bowl. Whip eggs in a second bowl. Drain tuna and place in a third bowl. Flake tuna finely with a fork.
- Scoop 2 ½ oz of risotto into one hand and make a well in the ball of rice. Add a 1/2 oz of tuna into the well then cover over the well to finish the ball. Coat ball well in the egg mixture until completely coated. Coat the ball with breadcrumbs.
- For best results, make 6 balls at a time and let them rest for a few minutes before frying.
- Fry the balls in 350° oil for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
Calories 200, Total Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 3.5g, Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 380mg, Carbohydrate 22g, Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g, Protein 10g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 8%, Iron 4%