- 1 (66.5 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Chunk Light Tuna in Water, drained
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 6 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 24 slices Cheddar cheese (substitute your favorite cheese)
- 48 slices potato bread
- Mix tuna with mayonnaise.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place 4 slices of bread on open skillet butter-side on the pan.
- Top bread with tuna/mayo mixture.
- Layer 2-4 slices of avocado.
- Place Cheddar cheese on top of avocado.
- Top sandwich with other slice of bread, butter side facing up.
- Once bottom of bread is a crispy golden brown, flip to toast the other side.
- The cheese will melt during the heating.
Try this recipe for...
Try this recipe with whole wheat or multi-grain bread.
Serving Size 1 sandwich; Calories 459; Calories from Fat 189; Saturated Fat 6g; Carbohydrates 47g; Fiber 6g;