- 1/4 cup dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup dried basil leaves
- 2 tbsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 4 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 3/4 cups fresh white sandwich bread, ne diced
- 3 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 cups fresh parsley, cleaned and minced
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 12 eggs
- 66 oz Chicken of the Sea® Chunk Light Tuna in Water, do not drain
- 1 1/2 qts low sodium tomato sauce, hot
- 12 oz part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 24 fresh parsley sprigs for garnish
- Combine first 11 ingredients and mix until well blended. Using a #30 scoop, portion the meatballs and roll between the palms of your gloved hands to form round, compact meatballs.
- Bake meatballs at 350°F for 20 minutes or until browned and reaching an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Place 1⁄4 c tomato sauce on a serving plate and arrange 6 meatballs on the sauce. Top each meatball w/ 1⁄2 oz of shredded mozzarella.
- Place the plate under a broiler or salamander to melt and allow the cheese to brown. Garnish w/ a fresh parsley sprig.
- Serve with any pasta you prefer.
Try this recipe for...
Try this recipe for: Room Service, Buffet, Traditional Tray Service, Retail/Cafe, Catering, Mechanical Soft Diet
Calories 330 Fat 11g Protein 29g Carbs 26g Sodium 680mg Sugar 5g