Tarragon Creamed Tuna
- 3 oz butter
- 1/2 c. fresh shallots, minced
- 3 tbsp dried tarragon leaves
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 2/3 c. flour
- 2 qt skim milk, heated
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, minced
- 43 oz pouch Chicken of the Sea® Albacore Tuna
Brown Rice & Root Vegetables
- 3 c. brown rice (dry), medium-grain or long-grain
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 c. fresh carrots, peeled and julienned medium
- 2 c. fresh parsnips, peeled and julienned medium
- 2 c. fresh golden beets, peeled and julienned medium
Toasted Crumb Topping
- 2 tbsp clarified butter
- 3/4 c. plain panko breadcrumbs
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Add shallots, tarragon, and pepper; cook on medium heat until the shallots are translucent.
- Add the flour and blend well to make a roux. Cook on low heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the milk in small batches, stirring constantly until smooth. Bring to a simmer after each addition. After all milk is added, add parsley and allow sauce to simmer for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Blend in the tuna.
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Simmer vegetables in water for approximately 2 minutes until fork tender. Blend into the rice.
- Heat butter in a sauté pan. Add panko crumbs and cook on medium heat, tossing until the crumbs are evenly toasted.
- Serve tuna mixture (3⁄4 c) over rice and vegetable mixture (3⁄4 c). Sprinkle with crumbs.
Try this recipe for...
Room Service, Buffet, Traditional Tray Service, Retail/Cafe, Catering
Calories 360; Total Fat 9g; Saturated Fat 4.5g; Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 360mg; Carbohydrates 44g; Fiber 4g; Sugars 5g; Protein 24g