Brown and Wild Rice Bowl with Salmon, Orange and Avocado
A good rice bowl recipe should be fast, flavorful, and imprecise enough that you can wing it. This recipe offers just that, with endless ways to customize it to your own palate!
Original recipe courtesy of Andie Mitchell
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stemmed and chopped (4 packed cups)
- 3 cups Minute® Brown and Wild Rice
- 3 (2.5 ounce) Chicken of the Sea Barbecue Flavored Salmon Pouches
- 2 oranges, cut into segments
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 3 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded (¾ cup)
- In a large bowl, whisk the orange juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the chopped kale and toss well to coat the leaves in the vinaigrette. Set aside or chill if you’re preparing ahead of time. The longer it sits, the better it tastes.
- Pull or cut the film to remove it from the cups of Minute® Brown and Wild Rice. Microwave on HIGH for 1 ½ minutes. Stir rice and let cool slightly.
- Divide the dressed kale among 4 bowls, followed by the rice. Open the Flavored Salmon Pouches and use a fork to gently flake the salmon. Top each bowl evenly with barbecue salmon, orange segments, sliced avocado, and pepper jack cheese. Serve!